Currency pair as a variable

3 replies

nolube

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 115 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114303

Is there a way to create a variable for the currency pair itself? The strategy I’m working on uses multiple pairs for signals and it would be good to be able to change the pairs the easy way instead of going to metaeditor. 

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133364

Hi,

not sure if this is what you need. Just create an input variable SYMBOL_PAIR and then add a condition which checks if current symbol equals to symbol set in strategy inputs

nolube

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 115 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133367

I’m not sure I totally follow, let me clarify. I basically I want to create an EA that uses the signals from 2 pairs to confirm each other. So the EA will be only loaded on 1 chart, not both, but will take signals from both pairs so I don;t think ‘checking current symbol is sufficient?’ unless I’m missing something. I would like to be able to change what those pairs are from the Ea settings in MT4. Hope this makes sense.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133384

yes, you can replace Symbol from “Current” to whatever you like and place an order with different pair for example. Referencing other pairs data is also possible with OHLC prices, indicators etc.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)