how to configure a “counter” in the EA Wizard??

4 replies

TJ#

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 144 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114622

I am working on a code that has 10 conditions to monitor on the candle pattern movement. Let’s say that I would like to monitor the pattern for the a period of 15 candles…

Then, I would need to create 15 sets of the 10 conditions (150 conditions). 

Is there a way that we are able to create a counter that will incremental by 1 and ends at 15 to substitute it in the “shift” function of the EA Wizard? In that case, we would only need 1 set of conditions.  

If it is not able at the EA Wizard level, how to edit the mq4 created by EA Wizard to do above mentioned function? Appreciate that you could show us a simple example on how it can be done. 

Many thanks in adv.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134799

Not sure if this is exactly what you mean but created an example of a simple counter in wizard. On each bullish bar (replace it with whatever you need) it increments variable value by 1 until 15 then it’s reset.

You can then use the counter variable for other calculations.

TJ#

Visit profile

8 years ago #134806

For instant, I have 2 indicators A(a group of 3 different indicators each tracking shift -1 to -3 respectively) & B.

Firstly, indicator A will be triggered but the entry will come after indicator B is also triggered and within the given range (between -1 to -15 candles from indicator A & B being triggered.)

Indicator A being the price patterns indicator.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134862

It could be made as the sample I attached. EA waits for signal A and then counts bars. If this count is less than max bars and signal B occurs then a trade can be opened. If number of bars since A is greater than max bars limit then EA restarts and waits again for signal A. Hope this is what you meant

TJ#

Visit profile

8 years ago #134910

Thank you very much for the sample.. 

Will try it out and feedback if needs more assistance.  

🙂 🙂  🙂 🙂  🙂 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)