Automatic start of MT4/any software at Windows server 2008/2012

4 replies

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115115

Hi guys

is there any free software that alows you set up programms you want to run when server restarts?

Thanks

Patrik

kapitalgo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 26 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136899

yeah, there programs like alwaysup (sorry, not free). in my case i’ve made a user who’s automatically logged in (regedit) and put the metatrader shortcut into autorun. works like a charm. alternative you can run/install metatrader as Service. For example: sc.exe create binPath= “”

greetz,

Patrick 😛

Patrick

Visit profile

7 years ago #136913

i found it out. The start up folder is hidden in win 8.1, wins server 2012 also. (and probably also win 10)

the adress is ussualy here:   

• C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
  • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

The technical support of VPS is terrible when they dont know this – and that is the biggest VPS company in my country.

Thanks Patrick

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136942

The “Startup” folders always have been there since Windows XP in these folders. They are not “hidden”, you just have to know where they are:) However, nothing in these folders will get launched if no user is logging into a session, which is the problem with the VPS after a restart. So what you need is a auto-user unattened login in the console session of the VPS. Beeks VPS does it with their own software called “POM”, other VPS providers have solutions for this too. Or you run it as system service as suggested above with sc.exe

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Patrick

Visit profile

7 years ago #136948

thanks geektrader

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)