Trouble downloading NinjaTrader data

2 replies

kiran

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 18 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115167

I’m using the SQDataExport indicator to download 15-minute timeframe data on ES09-16.  I imported the indicator into NT and opened the chart and added the indicator with the file path, as advised in the Help Guide (pg 84).

However, it does not prompt me with the Data Export begin prompt.  It simply adds a pane with an empty indicator on the chart.  Has anyone used this indicator to download data?

-> Please advise how to get 15-minute bars into SQ.  

I already tried a text export of 1-minute bars and tried importing it but SQ doesn’t convert 1-minute to larger timeframes in the strategy builder.

thanks

Kiran

_Cujo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 101 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137276

I use the indicator to export data from NT. Actually, many instances, since I’m downloading ES, in 10 minute intervals from 1 minute, 10 minute, 20M, 30M, etc…to 1 Day. Also doing that across a few symbols, as well as some market internals (TICK, TRIN, etc..etc..just so I have it, maybe I use it some day with SQ4, or whatever, useful to have). 

The only issues I have are:

1 – I wish it worked with NT8. This is not about SQ Data exporter specifically, but about he whole SQ “Eco-system”. I find everything works super well..with NT7.

2 – I wish it worked with Google Drive. it seems to not work anywhere except your local drive, for me at least.

Otherwise, no problem, works fine for me…maybe, actually, did you follow the steps for NT, post installation, there are a few scripts, or at least 1, you need to install, maybe that’s it?

kiran

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 18 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137278

Thanks _Cujo,

It seemed to work now.  I think i had a hyphen in my Directory Path, which it probably didn’t like.  With alpha characters in Path, it seems to work for both Instrument-default Session data and RTH data

thx

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)