Export Indicator to MT4

2 replies

grgricht

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115192

I am fairly new to SQ.  I have produced a couple of strategies I want to back test under MT4 to get some comfort.  I can produce mq4 files that compile fine under MT4, but in each case I ran into an indicator that MT4 does not include among its rather limited collection of native and custom indicators.  In the first case, I found the indicator TEMA through a web search and that version works fine.  I am having trouble with Keltner Channels though.  I have now found 5 different versions online, none of which includes the correct parameters.  The SQ version has what appears to be a coefficient in the second position which none of the online versions incorporates.

This would be easier if there were a way to export indicator building blocks from SQ.   I looked through the Forum and the SQ documentation and I don’t see a way.  I also looked at EA Wizard to see if I could get an indicator from there, but that also does not seem possible.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Timid

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 1 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137405

The custom indicators used by SQ are found in the directory tree where SQ is installed. Should be easy to find including instructions in the help and tutorial.

Hope this helps.

grgricht

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137406

Perfect! Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)