Show Your Portfolio – Myfxbook

25 replies

gentmat

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 234 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115239

I ‘ve been in this Forum for almost 2 years . I read many comments and many people That argue each other and teach each other . Some will accept the advice and some will take it as insult ! I always wondered who knows how to use SQ and who Doesn’t ! 

NOT TO SHOW OFF.

Can Users here show us how successful they are using SQ but publishing the myfxbook results . Dont bother to paste a 50 DD account with 10% gain because my son can do it without SQ. 

It would be great if i begin to upload my portfolio using SQ but i never succeeded but i think many of you did.

gentmat

Visit profile

7 years ago #137710

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137711

Avg. Trade Length:

20h 10m

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137714

So this Portfolio Dynamo is your private Strategy not SQ . As huge impact of this portfolio is done from the strategy that works on 8 pairs1 Daily volatility breakout system made in EA Wizard on 8 pairs (EURUSD GBPUSD USDJPY USDCHF AUDUSD AUDNZD NZDJPY NZDCAD) the same system on all” 

So we can not call that portfolio a SQ generated one ! as seems this one weight is huge on your report . 

No. You are wrong.

1 Daily volatility breakout system made in EA Wizard on 8 pairs (EURUSD GBPUSD USDJPY USDCHF AUDUSD AUDNZD NZDJPY NZDCAD) the same system on all. I might add it to more when SQ4 comes out, it takes too long to optimize it in MT4. This System only has maybe 10 entries per year.

1 H1 SQ Sys EURUSD breakout/trendfollow. Trades atleast once per week.
1 H1 SQ Sys AUDCAD Limit order mean reversion. Trades atleast once per week.
1 H1 SQ Sys GBPJPY Pure trend follow. In the market 90% of the time.

I’m generating another EURUSD H1 system in SQ right now. If its not correlated to the other EURUSD system too much I’ll use both. If its correlated too much and better I’ll replace the old one.
Then I’m making SQ H1 systems for AUDUSD, CADJPY, GBPCHF.
Then when SQ4 comes out I have a long list of manual patterns I want to program and test in it that cannot be programmed into SQ3 currently because it is not flexible enough.

Do the math.

10 (actually 10 to 20 roughly for all the total pairs) entries per year EA Wizard. Even if you misunderstood me and thought it was 10 per pair, 10×8 is 80 and you are still wrong.
VS
3 Per week SQ = ~150 Trades per year.

So the SQ portion of the portfolio not only trades more, its working. I wouldn’t be using them if they were not working.

Threshold

Visit profile

7 years ago #137716

Are those links the same strategy split onto 2 different brokers? They look 100% correlated to each other. Just wondering.

I’ve been a follower of ‘Harmony Trade’ for a while now. Its good.

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137720

Are those links the same strategy split onto 2 different brokers? They look 100% correlated to each other. Just wondering.

I’ve been a follower of ‘Harmony Trade’ for a while now. Its good.

Thanks. Yes it is a same portfolio of strategies at 2 different brokers.  

gentmat

Visit profile

7 years ago #137727

Threshold Sorry bro thought cause it is the only strategy on daily chart (regardless if less signals are there) if it has good accurancy it should has made the most profit ! as with day trading you make more pips than h1 or m15 which are mostly consumed by their spread

But if you say it is not than it isnt . Good luck with that . 

Btw do you have any advice for users here about the DD * you said you took off a strategy on 2015 that made that DD.

Now how are you avoiding such mistake ? what was the mistake of the strategy or your mistake and what was the solution of not doing it again . 

Or is it simply a profitable sq strategy that turned out bad in real life and you just took it off.

Threshold

Visit profile

7 years ago #137728

Threshold Sorry bro thought cause it is the only strategy on daily chart (regardless if less signals are there) if it has good accurancy it should has made the most profit ! as with day trading you make more pips than h1 or m15 which are mostly consumed by their spread   But if you say it is not than it isnt . Good luck with that .Btw do you have any advice for users here about the DD * you said you took off a strategy on 2015 that made that DD.

Now how are you avoiding such mistake ? what was the mistake of the strategy or your mistake and what was the solution of not doing it again .

Or is it simply a profitable sq strategy that turned out bad in real life and you just took it off.

No problem man, I know its not a pure SQ portfolio, but I definitely want to give credit to the SQ strategies in the portfolio because they add a lot of trades to it.

On D1: You can’t assume I am using the same trade size on a D1 (which has D1-size stop loss) and h1 (which has H1-size stop loss). On the smaller timeframe I’m using more lots because the stop loss is less.

D1 makes more pips and loses more pips. Wider stop = smaller lot size.
High timeframes means trading smaller. You cannot only think about winning pips. All my strategies use %risk usually 1.5% to 2.5%. It doesn’t matter what their stop loss size or timeframe is. Basically what I’m saying is they all equal out because that’s what percentage-risk money management is for.

One of the mistakes I made early on was making M5 and M15 strategies, adding too many strategies on EURUSD, using too short of data, not enough robustness testing. I really think H1 is the best timeframe in FX and to use as much historical data as possible is key. I’ve actually removed a total of 2 strategies.

gentmat

Visit profile

7 years ago #137729

I just read your topic link ! Nice
I wonder do you use m1 to generate these random strategies or you use fastest timeframe .
* I never was lucky to make a strategy work on all timeframe and on all pairs and keep its curve , i always have one currency or 1 timeframe that will have opposite curve !!!

Threshold

Visit profile

7 years ago #137730

Selected timeframe generation, M1 retest.

I don’t look for strategy to pass all timeframes or all pairs. But a couple timeframes near H1 like m30 and H4, and a couple pairs that are similar to the main pair. The equity curves don’t need to be perfect, just upward slope.

gentmat

Visit profile

7 years ago #137731

Oh okay. Now i got it. Thanks for the contribution.

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

1 2