Everything goes well after Brexit?

6 replies

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115287

Everything goes well after Brexit?

And the SQ4 development process?

CMKCMK

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 44 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137983

Got hammered hard, right up to yesterday,

My EAs were out of sync with the market. They are not designed to handle high volatility and huge swing.

Switch to manual trading and recoup some of the loses. Phew !

All not lost, lesson learned.  :wacko: I will Survive !!! 

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137984

Spread is huge, my eur/usd ea have no orders now.  The last postion is eur/usd short, I close it manually.  😀

How much profit did/ will you get today?

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137993

Yes I actually traded it on my manual accounts through the night till about 2AM EST(about 7am London time) and made some money. There was plenty of liquidity and very little gaps. The only large low-liquidity move was about 250 pips in 2 minutes when Sutherland voted leave by a huge margin very early on about 2 hours into the Asian session.

Other than that there wasn’t any major insta-shock events because the numbers slowly trickled out. Or at least everything after that didnt seem surprising.

2 of my EAs made profits from it and were filled in the height of the volatility. Those were the only 2 EAs that opened orders that day so 100% wins for Brexit. 3.6% gain.

UK guys just want to say I think this will give you economic edge and the pound will quickly recover and probably become eventually stronger than ever without the EU shackles on your GDP&taxes. US only has AA S&P rating too. It will be temporary for you since you can quickly use the excess revenue to pay down the debt. Switzerland never was in EU and has excellent trade deals with the EU.

Germany Spain France Poland and many more referendums are next. This is just the start.

Edit: the biggest loser was EU. UK had the best performing market OF THE DAY and GBP is up 1/3 off the lows already. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-24/who-are-biggest-losers-brexit

_Cujo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 101 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137994

Made ~$3k on the ES in ~4 hours, 100% system driven, didn’t touch a thing…but watched it all with white knuckles.

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137998

thumbs up for Brexit. 

ybhx0315

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 28 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138036

made a small profit on XAUUSD. system entry + manual exit + active monitor.

The ups and downs were too huge that it becomes really difficult to keep any position. Besides, the market orders usually takes 1+ minutes to be executed.

If I was given another chance, I would rather not trade this event, or keep my position minimal.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)