Is there a way SQ save everything for an evolution to continue later?

4 replies

CookieMonster

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 10 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115365

Hi Friends,

There are time when I am in middle of a long SQ evolution run and my Anti-Virus request me to reboot my PC. Is there a way to have SQ save everything from this evolution, then I reboot the PC for my Anti-Virus update and restart the SQ evolution exactly from where it was before the PC reboot?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kind Regards

CM

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138346

If SQ is unexpectedly shut down and you reboot SQ it asks you if you want to restore all the strategies it lost. They are all located in the SQ Temp folder.

CookieMonster

Visit profile

7 years ago #138354

Oh brother Threshold, thank for your kindness and your help. That should solve my problem of Anti-Virus update reboot.

I want to explore this more: 

I have a very fruitful SQ Genetic Evolution running for EURUSD H1, it has produced over 2000 EAs, some are so good I want to make sure I see them again and I want to be able to continue this evolution. But if stop it and run the same for GBPUSD, GBPJPY, everything in the temp folder must be overwritten. I am worrying even I run the evolution again later with the same parameter and same data, the strategy sets will be different since the initial population is random, I think I read this in the manual, correct me if I am wrong.

So, let me ask 2 more questions:

Q1: Is there a text book answer to save everything from a Genetic Evolution so I can come back to exactly the same point where I left off?          

OR

Q2: If I run a Genetic Evolution using same parameters and same data long enough, will it eventually end up with the same set of strategies?

If someone had tried this before, please kindly share your experience, many thanks in advance.

CM

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138361

Hi,

you can save individual strategies, restart SQ and use the Improver on those to move on. The initial population is generated basically randomly hence the scenario you mentioned (same set of strategies) should never happen. But during the evolution process you will see many very similar strategies. This cannot be avoided.

CookieMonster

Visit profile

7 years ago #138367

Tomas,

Thank you for your reply.

I have saved 2503 strategies and moved on a new evolution. I found I can load those 2503 strategies into Retest section and continue tweaking them. 

Although this is not the exact thing I wanted – continue the evolution from last point – I think I better move on.

CM

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)