Abourt pending orders

9 replies

Peace9

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250173

Hi, im totally ignorant about programming and coding so please forgive me in advance im planning to buy EAWizard , i want to ask to EAWizard users or developpers about few features. My question is lets say we use bollinger bands and bollinger bands moves according to price fluctations i want to put a buy or sell stop order 1 pips below or above current position of lower or upper bollinger band, i mean my pending order should modify itself according to move of bollinger bands is that possible ? and with help of this order type i want to eliminate slippage.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250204

Hello,

this can be easily done using EA Wizard. Check the example attached

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250216

Another question about pending orders. Is there a way to avoid placing pending orders 100 pip from price action for example. This is a flaw they will ofcourse never be filled pending orders should only be placed when price action is closing in to the area of execution. Trading large portfoilios which is possible using SQX strategies is killing the MT4 servers at broker.

mabi

Visit profile

4 years ago #250219

For example i had 2 trades  taken since monday morning when market opened( now it is tueseday morning). But i have 12000 messages send from SQx strategies to broker and subsecuently 2 email from broker about Hyperactivity.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250226

pending order couldnt be placed far away from price? i dont know nothing about this limit and i can place pending order whatever i want

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

mabi

Visit profile

4 years ago #250229

SQ should check price first before placing order and it should be configurable. To avoid having stop orders placed 500 pips from price action like i have now. And it is even getting modified evry 15 min …

mabi

Visit profile

4 years ago #250231

Also Why modify a stoporder and move it 2 pip if it is 200 pip from price action.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250248

pending order is going with the market and indicator values you have in strategy – because you have set replace pending order to TRUE in STOP building block. You can switch off by set to FALSE, so the pending order will remain the same after first entry

and why you have your pending order so away from the current price? because you are waiting for a big break 🙂 and because you have set high value of max indicator periods?

everything lies in the settings and i dont think that some max value for distance will solve everything, only another parameter

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

mabi

Visit profile

4 years ago #250292

Well whatever was just another try to as with Hidden orders to have the load lowered at Mt4 servers, I guess it is time to start MT5 finally were it does not matter since it is 64 bits.

mabi

Visit profile

4 years ago #250293

Had forgott that you could actually can prevent stop orders from being replaced. Thanks Hankey that seems to be the solutionand no diffrence in perfromance of strategies actually amount found per hour increased greatly. Back to 1 min strategies  ,, he he

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)