Adding blocks

2 replies

Nicolás Guillén

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266802

Hello!

My idea is to test a sample strategy and I´d like SQ to add one or two more signals or indicators to my long/short entry signals.  I´d like SQ looks for filtering or improving an existing strategy rather than looking for the best combination of current signal and random params.

I´ve modified building config to add more conditions for entry/exit adding at least one more condition than I´ve coded with algo wizard and selectd a few more  signals and indicators on building blocks setup, but reviewing source code of generated strategies no further considerations are taken into account beyond the original strategy.

Is there any way  of having SQ running in this way? I currently have good logics that I´d like to filter or improve but it seems impossible wiht SQ.

Regards

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266831

Hello,

probably the best way to achieve improvement of your strategy is to create a template that represents your strategy and add some random blocks into entry / exit rules that you let evolve using StrategyQuantX. You can allocate only specific amount of building blocks into that random group that will be tested to find the best combination with your original strategy rules

You can definitely start looking into this guide on SQX templating https://strategyquant.com/blog/introduction-strategyquant-templating-system-part/

Nicolás Guillén

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266832

Thanks Thomas

That´s what I´m currently doing. I just thougt it would be easier and faster been able to combine the template with building block funcionality.

Regards

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)