Apparent error transferring strategies to MT4

4 replies

Russell Razzaque

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269565

I seem to have a problem implementing the strategies I create on MT4. I copy & transfer the code to the Data Folder of MT4 as described in the SQX video tutorial. I then started the EAs running and it seems that the positions they take are very different to the ones in the strategy backtests. In the backtests the T/P was usually 50-100 (or more) pips away from entry. When it operates on MT4, however, the T/P is 1 or 2 pips from the entry, which is very different (& a lot less likely to reproduce the margins of the backtests). I have been watching the EAs run for 2 weeks now and consistently the trades are different in this same way. As a consequence the results are turning out very different.

I am wondering if there is something I need to change or tweak? I uploaded all of the indicators prior to uploading the EAs exactly as advised so I am confused as to why it is not working out? I would be grateful for any thoughts or advice.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269566

what market, what TF, what broker?

put here the SQX and MQL file to investigate

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Russell Razzaque

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269577

I have 2 strategies; DAX, H1 and also US30, H1  all with AxiTrader

SQX and Code files attached.

I am new to this so assuming I have got something wrong here…

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269580

Hello,

did you use the same data to build strategy that you trade the strategy on? I mean if you build the strategy on an instrument that uses different pip size specifications and then apply the strategy on an instrument that have different settings then TP/SL values, even an entry price for pending orders, can be different. You can try to enable the UseSQtickSize parameter and set a different value corresponding to the market you trade

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269588

yes, if you are trying the indices you really need to know what you are doing and have synced data to your broker

it will be because of different decimal points

and beware about indices – dukascopy data are only CFDs, so every broker could have different prices, different trading hours, different decimal points, different point values – so your backtest without proper data could be very unreliable

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)