B129 RC2 – MQL code

4 replies

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260292

i have made comparation of MQL4 codes for indicators and strategies itself and see that almost every indicator MQL code has been slightly changed. What is the purpose of these changes, because in RC1 those changes werent there

Also the MQL4 code for the strategies has been in some places changed – why?

could someone from devteam explain it – will the trading behavior of strategies be the same as it was in first devs of B129?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260294

property Strict rules maybe

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260296

but there are changes also in buffers, etc.

explanation needed

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260312

Yeah. Please, @devteam response is needed.

This is a quite disturbing matter.

The impact on those who have hundreds or thousands of strategies stored and backtested is huge if/when all of a sudden you change the code from one Build to another. Any minor change could invalidate any strategy and new backtests are required

Tomas Brynda

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 7 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260335

Hi guys,

I’ve done some slight changes in the implementation of MT4 indicators. It was a matter of optimizing the code so the indicators produce stabilized values earlier comparing to SQ. It is still a good practise to keep some history data free before the start date of the backtests to let the indicators time to stabilize, but some of the indicators will now output the exact same values as SQ does much earlier. Of course I’ve made indicator tests comparing the values between MT4 and SQ, so it should not have any negative impact on existing strategies.

There were also some changes in the strategies’ MQL code itself. I’ve found some array-related issues that could cause the strategies not to work properly under certain circumstances.

Another thing I’ve done was to properly handle 0 sized orders (produced for example by Fixed % of balance MM). It was just a matter of not sending those orders to terminal at all and avoiding confusing journal errors.

I am quite confident that you will not experience any negative impacts on your existing strategies, because I’ve made a lot of tests to prove the changes are OK. Rather some of the strategies may give you more reliable results with the new code.

Best regards,

Tomas

Tomas
SQ software engineer

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)