Closing trades to realise profits from MFE

3 replies

Oliver

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 121 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271181

Hi is there a a way to have an ea close a profitable trade sooner to cash in on MFE

im wondering if its possible to have the ea constantly review the number of pips  in profit and compare it to say the average number of pips from the average  profitable trade in backttests so that the ea can cash in on the mfe to give an overall better result.

Im sure im not the first to think of this.  the only way which i can do this currently is to monitor the trades and to manually close them.

be great to hear everyone’s thoughts and whether this can be a feature built into sqx?

thanks

Oliver

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271297

Hello,

general rule for a winning system is that further you place your profit target lower the % success rate of your strategy. If the strategy makes money with 100 pips target and loses consistently with 120 pips target I would be very careful trading such strategy. You could do this simply using the simple optimization. For a good robust strategy take last 1 year of historical data and optimize to find the best profit-target value that gives you the highest performance. Use that setting for further trading. You can re-optimize regularly but also make sure strategy is robust for wider range of (PT) parameter setting

Oliver

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 121 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271315

Ive noticed it better to close all my trades on a Thursday but trading options tab only has Friday. How can i set it so my trades  close on Thursdays or any day?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271317

you can do your own template in algowizard with this condition

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)