Combining BackTests from MT4?

6 replies

Keith Baldwin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 3 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257118

Hello,

I apologize if this is explained somewhere and I missed it. But I’m trying to figure out how to combine a backtest from 7 different pairs on MT4.

Would anyone know how to do this?

Looking to get a chart / data of what it would have looked like, if all 7 pairs were being traded on the same account at the same time.

Thanks.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257135

Hello,

you can simply load one by one and the combine them into a portfolio. You will be able to see the overall portfolio performance

Keith Baldwin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 3 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257139

Hello, you can simply load one by one and the combine them into a portfolio. You will be able to see the overall portfolio performance

Thanks, but I’m not even sure how to do that? I was following the tutorial and it was having me add via the Data Manager, but the columns were not identifying in a way that would work. Unless the method for this is different?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257141

are you talking about trading in MT4 or what? for trading you need to put every strategy to a different window with the unique magicnumber

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Csaba

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257143

Hi Keith

I think the solution is:

1.: You should first run the 7 backtests in MT4 and save the reports >>> so you will have 7 reports.
2.: After that open Quant Analyzer
3.: Load the 7 reports
4.: Click on make portfolio (or stg like that…) >>> now you will see the performance of the 7 strategies

Brg, Csaba

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257180

Sorry, forgot to attach some screenshots to show you the steps.

First you need to obtain HTML reports from MT4, then you load them into QA and combine

Check the image attached

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

moddey_dhoo

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257237

Hi Tomas, is there yet a way to see the combined performance of teh strategies referencing the *account balance* rather than the *strategy balance*?

(I have been using QA to combine the statments but then need to switch to excel to do a compounded portfolio return and drawdown analysis)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)