EA trading outside of set trading hours

5 replies

mattedmonds

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 45 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268529

I am using the standard EA code from Algo Wizard and have a set of EAs that are heavily dependent on trading hours to work correctly.

I just tested the EAs on a live account with Darwinex and it is placing trades outside of the specified trading hours.

Does everyone else also experience this huge issue?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268530

if you are using pending orders, limiting time range is working only for them – so opened trades can be outside those hours

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

mattedmonds

Visit profile

3 years ago #268532

Thanks for the response. I am only using orders at market, so won’t be related to pending orders.

In backtesting it works perfectly, only showing trades entered in the correct hours at market. It just isn’t working in MT4 environment in live trading.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268551

With no details provided it is very hard to guess whats causing it… Could be related to the timezone different depending on the strategy rules for example …

mattedmonds

Visit profile

3 years ago #268554

I have emailed one of the EAs to support for review. It is very standard, nothing complicated and I haven’t changed anything from your standard format.

mattedmonds

Visit profile

3 years ago #268602

It looks like I have found a workaround, I am using the Current Hour condition within the code instead.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)