Not logged in
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>Application Support>Execution is different with different accounts and brokers

• #257026 |
    Customer
    15 Posts

Hi All,

I’ve created an algo which has a great backtest and am testing it in a live environment now. However, I’ve noticed that it doesn’t open the trades the same on different brokers.. and not only that, even with the same broker and different accounts I get different results. Sometimes on one account I will get a buy trade yet on another account, it’ll open a sell. I have no idea why this is happening.. appreciate there are slight price differences between brokers but this is really confusing me. Can someone advise? I think I read somewhere that certain indicators aren’t that accurate.

Please find a copy of the algo in question.

Can anyone advise why this is happening? I’m not clear which one is accurately opening the trades.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    tomas262
    Administrator
    1204 Posts

Hello,

price differences can cause this but your strategy does not seems to be that complex to be sensitive to this. Do all brokers use the same timezone?

Customer
    15 Posts

Yes I did check the timezones and they are the same so not sure why this is happening…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.