Not logged in
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>Application Support>how to select two time points and compare price?

• #267609 |
    Oliver
    Customer
    115 Posts

Hi

Im unsure how to use sessions indicator as a signal.  how do i set it to signal long if a 9am gmt price is higher than 7am gmt price?

thanks in advance

tomas262
    Administrator
    1822 Posts

Hi,

do you compare prices at just those two moments? 7 and 9? Or is it some time range from 7 to 9 and then a breakout?

Customer
    109 Posts

This sounds like two individual points, not a range.  I’m also curious to learn.

Is this possible to do, Tomas?

Oliver
    Customer
    115 Posts

Hi

yes i want to determine the prices at those time points and use it as a signal to go long or short.

if price at 9 am is higher than price at 7am  = signal to go long

or if price at 9am is lower than price at 7am  = signal to go short

Customer
    789 Posts

why to use sessions – for this you can use bartime

bartime(9) > bartime(7) go long

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2016. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM. 1500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts to verify the edge DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX, DOW JONES, NASDAQ, SP, UK, because we have realtick data from our brokers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.