How to use sq4 make trading type like this?

3 replies

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #234369

@Mark

Could SQ4 support trading type like this?

According to the  difference or ratio between EUR/USD and GBP/USD, and to trade EUR/USD and GBP/USD at the same time.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

eastpeace

Visit profile

5 years ago #234371

And I like this retest method.  Apply One strategy on  a heap of symbols at the same time.

@geektrader and @Mark Fric have discussed that in that post:

https://strategyquant.com/forum/topic/4416-sq4-early-preview/page/53/#post-233307

Now it could be tested one by one, export the result and then import these results to SQ4 again, and create a  portfolio at last. A little lower efficiency.

Could SQ4 support strategy oriented retest method?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #234376

According to the  difference or ratio between EUR/USD and GBP/USD, and to trade EUR/USD and GBP/USD at the same time.

You could use the same EA in two instances. The first loaded on EURUSD and the second loaded on GBPUSD

eastpeace

Visit profile

5 years ago #234379

According to the difference or ratio between EUR/USD and GBP/USD, and to trade EUR/USD and GBP/USD at the same time.

You could use the same EA in two instances. The first loaded on EURUSD and the second loaded on GBPUSD

Thanks for your reply, tomas262.

And I want to say that the strategy is created on the basis of the relationship between EURUSD and GBPUSD.

Please ignore the implementation mechanism in MT4/MT5, I use Multicharts at most time. Even in MT4’s MQ Language, the OrderSend() functions can assign which symbol to trade.

So, I just suggest that SQ4 could support this type strategy generating. Maybe TS/MC backtest engine is needed.

At last, one strategy,  a batch of symbols, test at one time, that is very useful, too.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)