is there a way to specify builder config in CLI

5 replies

telemanius

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 7 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267064

I was trying to use sqx CLI to run builder. Is there a way to specify genetic options/trading options/building blocks in the command line? or is there a way to edit the .cfx file? It would be straightforward if the configuration file is in XML format.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267177

Hello,

you are able to control many functions using CLI even start the project. You can check this https://strategyquant.com/doc/cli-command-line/project-manage-projects/ and this https://strategyquant.com/doc/cli-command-line/introduction-to-cli/

You can do almost anything. Simply run the Win command line and Sqcli.exe -h from the StrategyQuantX folder (with -h parameter) to list all available commands

telemanius

Visit profile

3 years ago #267351

Thank you for your help. I tried the help command and it still seems to me that the only way to specify config for a project is by specifying a configuration file(which I assume is manually exported from GUI version SQ). Is it possible to specify the specific indicators I want in CLI? or any ways to do this outside of GUI SQ?

below is the help message:

——————————————-
-project Manage projects.
——————————————-
Arguments:
action: Performs the specific action [list,start,stop,pause,resume,remove,status,loadconfig,saveconfig]
name: (optional) Project name
file: (optional) Path of the config file
Example:
sqcli.exe -project action=list
sqcli.exe -project action=start name=Builder
sqcli.exe -project action=stop name=Builder
sqcli.exe -project action=pause name=Builder
sqcli.exe -project action=resume name=Builder
sqcli.exe -project action=remove name=Custom
sqcli.exe -project action=status name=Builder
sqcli.exe -project action=loadconfig name=Builder file=Builder.cfx
sqcli.exe -project action=saveconfig name=Builder file=Builder.cfx

Tamas

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 73 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267382

You can run a specific project. First configure the project in UI and then run it using cli.

telemanius

Visit profile

2 years ago #271363

Is there a way to modify building block parameters without using the UI?

For example, can I change the java code in “SQX\extend\Snippets\SQ\Blocks\Indicators\…” and start SQX afterwards to specify the parameter range I’d like to use?

I tried to delete some default parameter set in ATR.java but after I started SQX UI nothing changed. I suppose it is because the indicator java code only specify the default setting; the code related to setting displayed on UI and actually used is somewhere else.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271368

everything is stored in settings file inside user-projects directory – project.cfx which are zipped XML files, so if you can edit those XML files you dont need to set params in the GUI

but i am afraid that this is not an easy task, not with manual approach

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)