Logic not matching chart

2 replies

chad brizendine

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

3 weeks ago #286693

Good morning friends!

I’m a new user to SQX, and so far am thrilled with the functionality built in. Thank you for that…

As a part of the growing pain of getting used to a new software, I’d tried just a very basic test. I wanted to confirm I understand how to comprehend the what SQX is telling me (ex: in algo wizard) vs what is being executed on the chart.

I have super simple logic to test this…

Signal in algowizard: Close[0] < Lowest(20)[1]
Trailing stop: 50pip

what i noticed is that real signals will come and go without SQX entering the trade.

Additionally, the trail stop seems to blow through the trail stop by several hundred pips, then on the way back up, exits near the 50pip xit point.

I’m sure it’s user error, but struggled for a few days and was hopping you could craft a response beginning with “ah hem… well dummy….”. which would make my day. haha

Thanks for a great development tool!

(below is the SQX file)

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 weeks ago #286730

If you backtest the strategy for MetaTrader trading engine you should modify the rule to

Close[1] < Lowest(20)[2]

MetaTrader engine executes signals on bar open. At that moment the Close[0] price equals to Open[0]. Also use Shift = 2 for the Lowest function. You do not want to include the lowest price of the bar that just closed I guess

chad brizendine

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

2 weeks ago #286763

This is helpful, thank you Tomas!

I have a list of questions I’m struggling with but will reach out to the support team.

Appreciate all of your help!

Take care

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)