Master Class Help

3 replies

Stan

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 7 replies.

Visit profile

1 month ago #286082

Once again I am having trouble with the Master Class.  This time due to the lesson using an outdated version of SQX.

I am on lesson “Filtering and the last OOS Test” and am having difficulty following the different version of SQX. Mine is SQX Pro Build 138.1837  He refers to a Create Portfolio tab. Mine is a Portfolio tab with Merge
Strategies.  My data tab in left upper corner does not then have a drop down with  all the merged strategies as in the video.  I have clicked on everything there is but cannot get the same menu as the video.

Honestly, I don’t know how I am expected to follow when the versions of SQX are so different.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stan

Stan

Michael47x

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 60 replies.

Visit profile

3 weeks ago #286095

Did you figure it out?

I use the same build (Ultimate version) and the Merge strategies dialog box can be confusing with all the options, just take the default setup and click OK.

Make sure you are in a main data view not portfolio view of the databank so your new portfolio stands out.

Trying to make a portfolio of portfolio strategies will not work, must be single strategies, 1 symbol 1 timeframe per strategy to be merged.

Michael47x

Visit profile

3 weeks ago #286096

Note: you can merge strategies based on different symbols and/or time frames but just must be simple 1 symbol 1 timeframe strategies. (see and play with Portfolio Master)

Michael47x

Visit profile

3 weeks ago #286099

Dude, I should think first before responding, there are 4 ways to merge strategies into a portfolio in SQX, 5 if you count in Quant Analyzer.

1. Create Portfolio – task (custom project workflow)
  2. Automatic Portfolio Builder – task (custom project workflow)
  3. Portfolio-Merge strategies (databanks)
  4. Portfolio Master (left sidebar application)
  5. Quant Analyzer

The absolute simplest is #1 Create Portfolio task.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)