Money Management Question

6 replies

Steven

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236733

I am new to this forum and would like to purchase the EA Wizard. However, I have a question on money management. Is it possible for this system to be programmed so as it purchases successive units anytime a signal is given?

For example, I want the EA to purchase 1 unit and then if that unit is profitable upon exit, then I want it to purchase 2 units upon the next signal. If those 2 units are profitable upon exit, then I want it to purchase 3 units at the next signal.

If at any time, those units take a loss, then I want the EA to reset back to 1 unit upon the next trade signal. Thanks again. I apologize if this has been answered in another forum.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236937

Hello,

yes, it is possible to build rules to define own money-management. You can check the example attached on how to build such system

jimfaber

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248369

Hi Tomas,

Would it be possible to adjust risk size based on win or loss sequence? How would this be coded in EA wizzard? T

I.e. start trade 1> 2% win

start trade 2:  3% risk and result win (size increased with 1 %)

Trade 3: size increased with 1%to 4% but this time result is loss

Trade 4 we start again at 2 % risk

Sabino

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261681

Hi Tomas,

it is very important for me to be able to define a custom MM method.

Regarding the GUI side …. how do I define the custom GUI by entering specific parameters in SQX, necessary for the invocation of my custom MM method ?

Or, where can I find videos (or generic material) about the custom extension of the graphical interface ?

Thank you for all, Sabino

tomas262

Visit profile

3 years ago #261705

Hell Sabino,

what do you mean by “custom GUI for MM”?

Sabino

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261725

GUI means “Graphic User Interface” ….

this is GUI for Martingale MM

If I define a new MM calculation method, I would also like to enter the specific parameters in the graphical interface

Cordiality

tomas262

Visit profile

3 years ago #261728

Ok, as for the parameters inputs you can add those using custom code. See the screenshot attached

More on adding custom codes into SQX can be found here https://strategyquant.com/codebase

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)