Not logged in
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>Application Support>problem with custom function in sqx

• #235665 |
    Customer
    2 Posts

Hi- i wrote my .sqx expert with new Sqwizard, i used some of my function in that expert. and i copied those functions in extend/code/CustomFunctions.mq4     , but the problem is, when i use it to test in SQX  it shows this problem in the log screen:

Backtest of ‘TST2(1)’ failed – Custom Function is not implemented in StrategyQuant!

my functions are ok, and i test it with writing ex4 in another expert.

can you explain me why?

Mark Fric
    Administrator
    1182 Posts

sorry, but it doesn’t work this way.

Custom functions allow you to add some code to the MQL code for Metatrader, but this code is not understood by SQX. Strategies that use such custom code couldn’t be tested in SQ X.

I’m not sure what kind of custom code this was, but you can extend SQ X with your own function by programming it in Java – this is still in Alpha version, and the documentation is in development at this point.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    2 Posts

so what you mean is :

i can build my expert with custom code and us it in metatrader, but it is not possible to use strategy with custom function or code

in template part of sqx. and if i need it, is only possible by java programming.

if this is ok,please let  me know how and in what file i have to add my java code.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.