Sometimes…a SQX generated EA does not work

3 replies

Fxgold54

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 7 replies.

Visit profile

2 weeks ago #278277

Hi everybody;

I have generated several hundred strategies and have had SQX generate the source code so I can further test/deploy is MT4, all with great success.

However, every once in awhile (like 1 out of 100) the SQX generated EA does not work in the MT4 backtester or demo account.  I have tried on different broker accounts as well

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated?

I have attached one

thanks, Allen

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 week ago #278289

Hi,

there is a problem with your EA settings.

You have following parameters set:

Subchart1Symbol = “Same as main chart”
Subchart2Symbol = “Same as main chart”

These will not work. You need to set the symbol name correctly such as “US30” etc

Also you use the Subchart1Timeframe = 40320 … did you mean to use Monthly chart?

Fxgold54

Visit profile

1 week ago #278294

Hey Tomas;

That is very interesting because I used the same settings to create other EA’s that work fine.

Yes I am using the Monthly, Daily and trading from the 60. Is their a way to reconfigure this particular strategy so that it will work?

Thanks

Fxgold54

Visit profile

5 days ago #278398

Hi Everybody;

Wanted to do a follow-up for the benefit(hopefully) of the community and anybody else who runs into this issue. Unfortunately, Tomas’s fix did not solve my issue. Moreover, as I stated in my follow-up post, I used the same settings, from the same custom project and created Ea’s that work fine.

So I figured I had 2 options:

One, I could do a side by side code comparison of the problem EA with one that works. Or two, I could simply replace the strategy.

Understand that the problem EA was a strategy that I liked and wanted to use. However, going through approx 6,700 lines of code was not going to be fun and time consuming.

I actually did both, I replaced the strategy and started working through the code. Well the replacement strategy worked out great and obviously because SQX makes it so easy, imho, it is a lot better to simply replace a strategy/EA that is not functioning.

Never did finish going through the code…lol

Hope that helps,

FXgold54

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)