SQX – Alogwizard – How to Create a Custom Function
Can anyone confirm how/where to create a Custom Function in AlgoWizard.
Have tried the following:
1. Add New Condition.
2. Under the Functions drop-down list select “(CUST) Custom Function”.
3. This displays the following summary message:
“Call you own function. You can specify any MQL command here or call a function defined in /Code/CustomFunctions.mq4 file. You are responsible for using the function correctly”.
4. Underneath the above summary message is a Text field to enter the Command/Function.
5. However…When I either use an existing (default) function in the CustomFunctions.mq4 file or add a new one and then Generate the Source Code for MQ4 the Function Definition is not defined, even though it is defined in CustomFunctions.mq4 file.
6. Because of Step 5 above there is an error when compiling the Source Code in MT4 MetaEditor – Error message “Function not defined”.
Some others questions are:
1. Even if the above was successful would it work with SQX Retester & Optimizer?
2. If the above is not the correct way then why is there the Summary Message in Step 3 above?
3. Are Custom Functions for SQX required to be coded in Java?
4. Is there any documentation on creating Custom Functions?
can you attach zipped files you setup? I mean the CustomFunctions.mq4 + your project file + final strategy code
Alternatively you send to [email protected]
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)