Not logged in
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums>AlgoWizard / EA Wizard>Application Support>Stop Orders around Pivot Points

• #267254 |
    Participant
    4 Posts

Hello

I’d never have imagined I needed to ask your help, since my idea was really simple, that is, once the price goes down S1 level, place a buy stop order X points above S1 (going up R1, place a sell stop order X points below R1) – (what I’m saying refers also to the remaining levels as well, obviously )

But now, after almost three weeks, I have to admit I must be a special kind of dumb, since I’m not getting any trades at all.

So I simply need to ask your help.

My first try was:

ENTRY LONG
    IF (EMA(3) – 20) < PivotS1(S1)
    THEN – Enter at Stop – Price PivotS1(S1) + 0.05 * PriceDifference(EMA(3),Ema(2))

ENTRY SHORT
    IF (EMA(3) + 20) > PivotR1(R1)
    THEN – Enter at Stop – Price PivotR1(R1) + 0.05 * PriceDifference(EMA(3),Ema(2))

seeing no results, I’ve tried to bypass the order part, using a simple market entry (yet I’m still not getting why it didn’t work by the way)

ENTRY LONG
    IF ( Open(1) > (PivotS1(S1) + 0.0005 ) and  Open(1) < PivotPP(PivotPoint)
    THEN – Enter at Market

ENTRY SHORT
    IF ( Open(1) < (PivotR1(R1) – 0.0005 ) and  Open(1) > PivotPP(PivotPoint)
    THEN – Enter at Market

Please be patient because of my dumb request

thank you anyway

Pino

tomas262
    Administrator
    1586 Posts

Hello,

can you attach your project (the sqx file)? I can try to modify and fix for you .. Alternatively you can send to support@strategyquant.com

Participant
    4 Posts

Thank you Tomas for your kindness

I will send you the project file, but don’t get me wrong, I’d love to understand where I’m wrong in the first place, so that I will become a little better.

If I can ask, where am I wrong in the stop order idea? What is wrong with the following concept, in example?

ENTRY LONG
    IF (EMA(3) – 20) < PivotS1(S1)
    THEN – Enter at Stop – Price PivotS1(S1) + 0.05 * PriceDifference(EMA(3),Ema(2))

ENTRY SHORT
    IF (EMA(3) + 20) > PivotR1(R1)
    THEN – Enter at Stop – Price PivotR1(R1) + 0.05 * PriceDifference(EMA(3),Ema(2))

If you do the job for me, it would be a missed opportunity for me

Pino

tomas262
    Administrator
    1586 Posts

Hello, sure I will make an example for this in AlgoWizard

Participant
    4 Posts

Hello Tomas

sorry for the delay, but these are crazy times

I’m enclosing a .str file .

To explain better my idea. The intention in the “IF” part was to look for situations where the price will get past X points the pivot point (so in my example past 20points that I translated in 0.0002)

In the price part of the EA, I was trying to defining a price level that is CONSISTENT with the “IF” condition (i.e. in the Pivot point + 20points scenario, should PAST that level – not sure I’m right).

Have a great night

Pino

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    tomas262
    Administrator
    1586 Posts

Hello,

I see you have made this using StrategyQuant3. Have you already upgraded to StrategyQuantX? There is a lot more advance strategy editor. The editor in SQ3 was very limited and I am afraid what you are trying to do will be impossible to make using the old version. With your SQ3 license you can freely upgrade to SQX using this link https://www.strategyquant.com/download I can help to setup the strategy using built-in strategy editor

Participant
    4 Posts

Hello Tomas

I’ve already tried the new SQ, but I really don’t have the time to learn a new platform, my time is very limited, and…I’m also technically “limited” :).

It will happen someday, but not right now.

I didn’t think it was such an extraordinary project, that required the change of the platform, it looked very dumb and naive to me…

Anyway, if you still think you can help me, let me know

thank you anyway for your time

All the best

Pino

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Pino Arla.
    Customer
    667 Posts

SQ3 times are gone many moths ago, you will be the last one of us

sorry but forget about old SQ3 and hop on SQX…logics are the same and if you have experience with old SQ, you will have no problem with SQX

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2016. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM. 1500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts to verify the edge DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX, DOW JONES, NASDAQ, SP, UK, because we have realtick data from our brokers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.