StrategyQuant Annoyances

1 replies

murty

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 100 replies.

Visit profile

3 months ago #284878

StrategyQuant Annoyances:

1. Poor Linux support. None of the links (eg Help Center, Support) work. They’re clickable but do not open links in browser until after you close StrategyQuant
  2. Running multiple instances in Linux is a headache. One must launch SQX gui several times and hope to get lucky. If it launches, validate license
  3. No support US Date format
  4. No way to change direction of page movement with mouse wheel
  5. If you select a strategy in Retester strategy to edit in AlgoWizard, it will open an approximate version of it in AlogWizard. That is, one with all global variables removed.
  6. Pretty limit sqcli. One cannot add license, convert SQX to MQ4, combine multiple strategies into one or even documentation (command help) without license
  7. MQ5 code is oh so not reliable 🙁 Its better to stick to MQ4 code. The fact that developers make typos while programming doesn’t help either. Its hard to feel confident about any generated code when you see even harmless typos (here, repetition not really typo): like ‘MoveSL2BE1 pips, add SL2BEAddPips1 pips pips to BE’
  8. First EAWizard. Then Algowizard.io. Now Algocloud (not free for SQX users). If I buy something, I want to know it will be around in the future. Worst part: Not possible to import *.str files into SQX
  9. For real profitable trading, some coding is required for this supposedly code-free platform. Some kind souls published extensions. But its a mess keeping track of them. SQX GUI does not have a way to find or organize extensions
  10. Self promotion: It was fine seeing the ‘SQ 4 Business’ button promoting the Ultimate version. But now, “Portfolio Master” button. I am sure in the future we’ll see “Algocloud” button.

The website deserve its own list.

StrategyQuant.com Annoyances:

1. No way to remember login. I have to login every time I visit. Do not ask me to remember passwords in my browser. That’s a security risk.
  2. Search backend is not very helpful 🙁 It just dumps popular pages, not relevant pages. Only Google can get away with a patronizing backend. Show the user what he is looking for. Not what you think he should be looking for.
  3. If I click on one of the search results and then go back, I have to search again because previous search results are lost. Yes, I know I can right click on results to view them in separate window.
  4. Some of the search results are either spam or I do not have permission to view them. Why would you show search results that cannot be viewed by all?
  5. Documentation. It is hard to find important information with its Search feature. For example, how fast can you find information on, say, ‘All order types supported’ or ‘difference between hedged and netted engines’

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 months ago #284936

Hi,

thank you for your feedback. It is very valuable for us. We will do our best to fix/improve us many points as possible into following updates!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)