Trailing Stop & Trailing Stop Level

3 replies

kingsimelane

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 3 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #276334

hi guys i was just wondering if you could help, my strategy relies heavily on trailing stop & Trailing Stop Level which can only update on bar close using Algowizard (useless if trading on 1 hour chart). is it possible to use 1 hour for signals and 1 minute for trailing stop & trailing stop level solely? or alternatively to create a separate EA for trailing stop & trailing stop level which will be placed on 1 minute chart on metatrader 5.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #276391

Hello,

you can setup a multi-timeframe strategy that would get entry signals from “higher” H1 timeframe and trade M1 timeframe as the “main chart”. Then trailing SL will work minute after minute likely

JULIAN ENRIQUE SUAREZ

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 1 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #276785

i have the same problem. look my picture. I want the trailing stop to work on minute bars. I want to clarify that the entry strategy is built on 1 hour bars.

thanks

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #276811

i have the same problem. look my picture. I want the trailing stop to work on minute bars. I want to clarify that the entry strategy is built on 1 hour bars. thanks

This won’t be possible. The trailing-SL will be adjusted based on the trading timeframe chosen – the chart you apply your strategy onto. In your case it will be H1. If you want minute-by-minute trailing working you need to apply the strategy on M1 and setup a condition for a multi-timeframe strategy for the H1 timeframe

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)