Unequal number of IST and OOS segments

6 replies

huangwh88

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 113 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #255155

Hello,

For cases where the number of IST segments < number of OOS segments, how are the IST optimization results allocated to the OOS segments?

For example, if we have IST 1,2 and OOS 1,2,3, what optimization data do the OOS segments use?

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #255178

sorry, I don’t understand what you are asking.

You are talking about IST segments that are used in Builder and also about optimization, which is not there.

Do you mean optimization in Walk Forward and System Param Permutation cross checks in Builder?

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

huangwh88

Visit profile

4 years ago #255181

sorry, I don’t understand what you are asking. You are talking about IST segments that are used in Builder and also about optimization, which is not there. Do you mean optimization in Walk Forward and System Param Permutation cross checks in Builder?

Hi Mark,

Yes in builder when you split up the data into segments. For example in the attachment below: IST,OOS,IST,OOS……

Do you mean to say that all IST segments are evaluated as ONE single segment, no matter how many times we split up the IST?

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #255184

stats are computed for every part separately as well as for all IST, ISV and IS parts together, so you can choose which part you want to see or use in the condition

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

huangwh88

Visit profile

4 years ago #255190

stats are computed for every part separately as well as for all IST, ISV and IS parts together, so you can choose which part you want to see or use in the condition

Hi Mark,

So just to make sure I understand your above screenshot:

ISV can be broken down into separate segments e.g. ISV 1,2,3….

ISV = All ISV segments together

IST = One single IST segment. Cannot be split into segments

IS = IST + ISV

Right?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #255191

i think that you are right

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #255194

yes, you understand it correctly

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)