Not logged in
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>General Discussion>Unequal number of IST and OOS segments

• #255155 |
    Customer
    92 Posts

Hello,

For cases where the number of IST segments < number of OOS segments, how are the IST optimization results allocated to the OOS segments?

For example, if we have IST 1,2 and OOS 1,2,3, what optimization data do the OOS segments use?

Mark Fric
    Administrator
    1153 Posts

sorry, I don’t understand what you are asking.

You are talking about IST segments that are used in Builder and also about optimization, which is not there.

Do you mean optimization in Walk Forward and System Param Permutation cross checks in Builder?

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    92 Posts

sorry, I don’t understand what you are asking. You are talking about IST segments that are used in Builder and also about optimization, which is not there. Do you mean optimization in Walk Forward and System Param Permutation cross checks in Builder?

Hi Mark,

Yes in builder when you split up the data into segments. For example in the attachment below: IST,OOS,IST,OOS……

Do you mean to say that all IST segments are evaluated as ONE single segment, no matter how many times we split up the IST?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mark Fric
    Administrator
    1153 Posts

stats are computed for every part separately as well as for all IST, ISV and IS parts together, so you can choose which part you want to see or use in the condition

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    92 Posts

stats are computed for every part separately as well as for all IST, ISV and IS parts together, so you can choose which part you want to see or use in the condition

Hi Mark,

So just to make sure I understand your above screenshot:

ISV can be broken down into separate segments e.g. ISV 1,2,3….

ISV = All ISV segments together

IST = One single IST segment. Cannot be split into segments

IS = IST + ISV

Right?

Customer
    358 Posts

i think that you are right

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 1500+ final SQ3 and SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Mark Fric
    Administrator
    1153 Posts

yes, you understand it correctly

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.