USDJPY Strategies

4 replies

afhampton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 26 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #191961

Hi All:

I’ve been running SQ on the USDJPY H1 for 5 days now and it has only generated 2 strategies that pass the Ranking options Zdenek suggests in his course. Then both of them get filtered out on the 2nd robustness test for slippage. So after 4 days of running SQ, I still haven’t found a single H1 strategy for USDJPY. Has anyone (especially you guys with high-powered servers) found anything that is profitable for this pair?

The attached image shows how the pair is set up in the Data Manager. If I’ve done it wrong, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #192084

Hello,

I do not have any strategy for this pair but you might try this general approach:
1) export H1 data into Excel
2) create a new column called ‘hourly range’ and calculate difference between closing prices
3) use Excel analysis to find out what time range provides the highest price range / the highest momentum on regular basis (I suppose it is going to be around Asia open)
4) setup SQ so it opens trades only in this time range + you can also limit no of trades
5) use larger stops
6) you can also play with long/short only strategies

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #192140

Your point value is of it should be 950. Try that and you find plenty.

afhampton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 26 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #192143

Thanks Tomas and Mabi. I’ll try your suggestion Tomas.

Mabi –

1. Can you help me understand how you arrived at your point value? What calculation did you use?

2. Are you using strategies that pass all of Zdenek’s ranking options and robustness tests and that are profitable on a live account?

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #192366

1. Well it is 1000 +- live market adjustment. So today 1000/1,10 = 909 But i Always used 950.
2. Yes i pretty much use Redneks E book settings b 🙂 However my critera for passing WFM is based on all by default selected settings giving passed result. The USDJPY strategies are profitable looking back since October 2016 in live accounts. Change the genetic Thre depht to (2) gives you simpler strategies that easier passes the tests.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)