Not logged in
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • #259854 |
    Oliver
    Customer
    117 Posts

Hi Ive seen this this recently on you tube and seems very interesting and keen to test but not sure how i would get strategyquant to make such trading instructions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJz4E7VyeSw&list=RDQMgOFwbQxbt-c&start_radio=1

the 1st strategy  in the video seems simple enough to get to work but the actual recovery trading is what im interested in. the example works  on a 150 pip profit or loss but either takes a hedge against the loosing position at negative 50 pips but should it turn back in the original direction another trade is taken at the same entry point. the magic of it all comes from lot sizing. im wodering if this can be constructed in strategyquant and then some how even applied to existing or new strategies already made

thanks

Oliver
    Customer
    117 Posts

Here is a strategy i would like to be able to adjust in line with the above to try and reduce the draw downs. im also unsure at the same time if it will reduce the returns but im ver keen to find out.

The strategy has a Friday close. id like all trades to be closed on a Friday regardless of open positions. id like the strategy to take a trade and then with the same lot sizing take a hedge position at negative 50 pips but also place another stop entry on the original entry if this happens with the same lot sizing, stop loss and take pofit as the original trade. if this trade is entered id like it to then place another hedge stop entry in the same place with the same stop loss and take profits as before and for this to keep on going if necessary until either friday close or the original stop oss or take profit is hit and all trades are closed.

thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Customer
    793 Posts

i dont think that this methods works at all…recovery trading is something like “martingale” – if the first trade in a loss open in recovery line a hedge trade with higher position and try to close them at BE

and its only a matter of time when you need so much recovery trades in choppy market, that you will be catched on low capital and margin call

i am afraid that this is not compatible with SQX logics and cant be done – not simply and only in AlgoWizard with high knowledge and experience

but what you are describing is not recovery trading – what do you think you will get with same trades on both sides?

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by hankeys.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2016. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM. 1500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts to verify the edge DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX, DOW JONES, NASDAQ, SP, UK, because we have realtick data from our brokers.

Oliver
    Customer
    117 Posts

yes. i agree. this cant be adjusted in sqx it has to be done either through algowizard or coding the mql4 details. im currently studying mql code to try and better understand the code  which is helping to better understand algo wizard but im still lost as to how this can be achieved. any help will be appreciated.  i will attach in time an attempt to show how i have tried. maybe someone can help me get it corect

Id rather let the results tell me its a failed endeavor than  just woner if it woks or not. if it shows  promise then maybe i can apply it to othe good ea’s built through startegyquant

tomas262
    Administrator
    1826 Posts

I like the trading setup he presents (trading momentum corrections) but on money management side it looks to me like a path to a poor house…

All that hedging, recovery and averaging … its just a trader’s psychological issue – problem with accepting the risk. From my experience the best you can do is simply to accept the risk + accept the loss and then move on to the next good trade

Customer
    793 Posts

correct and a BIG TRUTH

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2016. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM. 1500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts to verify the edge DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX, DOW JONES, NASDAQ, SP, UK, because we have realtick data from our brokers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.