Not logged in
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • #114069 |
    Customer
    27 Posts

Hi Guys,
    i need your help. I need in my EA start trading on a certain day and then stop trading on another day.

Ex.:
    Start trading on 25/08/2015 and end trading (STOP THE EA) on 16/09/2015.

The EA must to work in date interval: from 25/08/2015 to 16/09/2015.

Could you help me, please?

Regards

Bigape

1559 Posts

hi bigape,

not sure why you need this but EA Wizard currently does not allow this kind of operations with date

Customer
    27 Posts

… I thought so, thanks anyway for the reply.

it’s interesting to have a termination date into the EA. 

I use about 70/80 EAs into my account, the outcome of the WFA-Matrix process  tells me exactly when I will have to re-optimize the EAs and them are so many and i could forget someone. If I have a date that stop automatically the EA is better: the system stopped … waiting to re-optimization.

Regards

Customer
    27 Posts

Hi, I found a possible solution: It seems to work well, for now. This is the code:

//must be declared before init, start and deinit
    datetime ExpirationTime = D’2015.09.20 00:00′; //set up any date and time

//in the beginning of INIT:
    if ( TimeCurrent() >= ExpirationTime || TimeLocal() >= ExpirationTime ) { Alert( “Expert use time expired!!!” ); return(0); }

//in the beginning of START and DEINIT
    if ( TimeCurrent() >= ExpirationTime || TimeLocal() >= ExpirationTime) { return(0); }

This is the graph of a part of the entire portfolio (EAs are only 24). At a first glance it may seem like a good surface equity but in fact – on the basis of a micro vision – the periods of DD there are, and they are frustrating. I should be able to implement (in mql code) a kind of equity control, but is not simple. For now I’m working on an automatic lock of the system beyond that to date even when reached a level of risk set. Obviously this portfolio needs to spread very ” aggressive ” and low commissions

Regards

Attachments in this forum are visible only for registered users.
    1559 Posts

Great to hear you have figured it out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.