[Progress&Results] Small account publication for the community’s motivation :)

43 replies

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 443 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114678

Here is a small account i have started for someone, that’s a recent project i been working on, brutal active scalping.

i’m not publishing my work on myfxbook, i keep it to myself, even from my family/investors,

i am however willing to publish this small account and share the results for the motivation of the community

tools used are SQ/Wiz/EA Analyzer 3/Walk Forward Analyzer (commercial)/tick data from dukascopy/MT4/MT4’s editor.

large.jpg

NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR FINANCIAL FREEDOM! 

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135915

It seems the MyFxBook account for that thread is not updated anymore since 18. March, can you please look into this? Eager to see how it goes… Thanks:)

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #135916

geektrader, i forgot to mention about me takin’ it down once again because of an unfinished thinggy in the code again, got a small thing to change there in the code and i’m done and will put it into work again.

:), will update here when i’m done with it.

hope that would be my last problem with it this time :P.

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #135947

~ UPDATE: Back to business again 🙂

geektrader

Visit profile

8 years ago #135952

Great, thanks for putting the MyFxBook backup. Lot´s of losses again though, another bug or just what it is supposed to do this time? Really wishing you luck, but in the 8 years I´ve been down to any kind of scalpers (except for latency arbitrage), it always looked like on your account: going south…. Still hope you show it´s possible and have found something I wasn´t able to find yet on the lower timeframes.

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #135956

Sure thing, it is now all fixed all done, its losing because its got his ups and downs, some days its just going sideways, but bigger percentage of the time it is profitable,

as long as i’m in a minus because of the last trying session with the bugged versions with big lot size it will show it is in the red..,

give it couple of days and it will cover the losses and then the sideways days that will come a head wont matter no more.

i’m sure i’ve fixed all the problems that was previously,

in the meanwhile i’m using a small lot size to check it all and get a bit profitable and then ill start putting on some more size to it,

i’m planning to change the broker to an ECN broker soon with a smaller spread size and faster executions (GlobalPrime) soon after i’ll cover the previous losses that its done,

right now this account is on an STP broker (ActiveTrades), my other bigger accounts are on GlobalPrime,

got few brokers im using overall but still GlobalPrime is the best i’ve used till now.

keep on following, im sure it will show it self in the next few days/weeks. 🙂

geektrader

Visit profile

8 years ago #135959

Thanks for the update, I really look forward to see how it does and 0.01 is a wise choice really, let´s first check if it really works live. I never got scalping working profitable, so I am in hope you made it! I am only trading H1 systems right now but finally do well with that.

Global Prime, yep, I am also with them, no other broker needed once you´ve been there – the trade tickets you can request for each trade to see they are not b-booking anything and especially the support (the company managers have become good friends of mine and we phone regularly and I help them with a few things from time to time) are priceless.

Well, good luck to you, I´ll check how you do and keep my fingers crossed for you really!

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #135965

Thank you mate!, good to more good things about global prime :),

thanks for supporting me on this buddy 🙂

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135984

Some checks- Is the current DD less or near your max historical DD in your backtesting (assuming you are using the same risk on live and backtest)? If so everything is fine, perhaps you started the strategy in a DD period. My public portfolio was.
Is the historical data long enough to look back and see many possible DD scenarios? This is a discretionary amount, but more history is always a positive, less always hurts you.

Again, if this is within the confines of your historical DD in backtests then everything is fine. Use your historical roadmap.

geektrader

Visit profile

8 years ago #136275

HI Karish,

just did check in on your account again and saw it´s not updated since 5. April. Is it still trading? Thanks:)

geektrader

Visit profile

8 years ago #136437

Hmm, is the account officially dead already?

geektrader

Visit profile

8 years ago #136534

It updated again I see, but going down down down…. just as I thought for such a kind of scalping 🙁 I am sorry for you really though. Possibly the topic should be changed since it´s not very motivating to watch it lose :/

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #136608

it will be updated soon, very i’m on VK so i’ve stopped the work on that project right now,

ill get it done when ill be back, yeah its not that great right now from that point of view :/

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138537

Thanks, but I use my own spread-logger, gives way more insight info split by the hour but also all time + min / max by hour and all time etc… blah blah:) 

I really wish that had been an mq4 so I could edit something 🙁 Really interested in avg spread of 23:55-0:05 rollover. Got some enter on close strategies.

Edit: I just found the other thread where you uploaded it. Idk why I couldn’t find it before.

Viewing 13 replies - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

1 2 3