[Progress&Results] Small account publication for the community’s motivation :)

43 replies

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 443 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114678

Here is a small account i have started for someone, that’s a recent project i been working on, brutal active scalping.

i’m not publishing my work on myfxbook, i keep it to myself, even from my family/investors,

i am however willing to publish this small account and share the results for the motivation of the community

tools used are SQ/Wiz/EA Analyzer 3/Walk Forward Analyzer (commercial)/tick data from dukascopy/MT4/MT4’s editor.

large.jpg

NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR FINANCIAL FREEDOM! 

ctraverso

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 34 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135246

Thanks Karish for inspirition, we need it. Finding good strategies that work it’s a hard work.

I’ve just checked your account. Do you use 20 pips take profit on M1 chart in scalping? Isn’t that too large? Do you use also a stop loss?

Which general parameters did you use for a scalping strategy? thanks and good luck.

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #135250

Thanks ctraverso,

Yes i am using 20 pips TP on M1, yes its kind a large TP for that timeframe, but i set it high like that in case of large spread or slippage, plus brokers respect more higher TP then 5 pips or 10 pips, and long lasting trades (higher then 120sec [2min]],

the SL based on indicator.., its highly important to keep your SL out of sight from the broker, use everything but the fixed SL.*! (hope SQ4 would come with an option to set hidden TP/SL/BE/TS)

that would give me a silent way of work.

Which general parameters did you use for a scalping strategy?

what do you mean by that?

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #135251

BTW, i did start by using 0.01 lots per trade just to test the real market environment first,

after the 4th trade i was already confident and set the lot to 0.10 per trade, from now on the lot would increased by my judgement.

ctraverso

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 34 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135252

I mean which kind of indicators do you use and if do you use particular fast settings. Is usually a large stop loss hidden by the indicator?

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135254

seems like an account/str which goes up up up and after there is one big loss. we will see soon. i dont like these no mistakes (losses) strategies so i am skeptic, if i am wrong i will appopologize.

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #135264

I mean which kind of indicators do you use and if do you use particular fast settings. Is usually a large stop loss hidden by the indicator?

Any indicator would be good, as long as the the SL is not FIXED,

seems like an account/str which goes up up up and after there is one big loss. we will see soon. i dont like these no mistakes (losses) strategies so i am skeptic, if i am wrong i will appopologize.

Nope, i don’t like them nether.., i understand, because usually algorithms like that would win+win+win+win etc, and then a huge SL would lose everything that it won hehe..,

this one is not like that, my style of trading is having a high winning ratio but with a reliable RRR (Risk Reward Ratio) like 1:0.5, 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 for example..

this algorithm is very sophisticated though, very close to 1:1 RRR,

Keep on following, will be interesting next week and on 🙂

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #135305

*Update: after the last losing trade i discovered a bug, the bug now fixed, i’ve returned to 0.01 lot to test it out for a few trades and then ill set the lot back to 0.10~0.20.

Patrick

Visit profile

8 years ago #135307

Anyway we need much more trades to say how it works…(to have some statistic)

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #135308

Can’t publish the full formula, but i can and would share tips and tricks on how it has been done, but first i want to achieve at-lease 30 trades+, that would give me and others the confidence that it really reliable and working,

feel free to follow and be involved 🙂

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135747

Feel sorry for you that it´s constantly going down still… hope you find the “right way” one day. For me, scalping NEVER worked out for me in 8 years, regardless what I did. Although I like that style too, but never made profit with it ever. So I finally switched to what works for me: 1H strategies. Hard for me to see that trading style, it´s not my thing, but at least it makes money, and that´s really all that counts in the end. Just have to “adapt” my brain to it still;)

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Patrick

Visit profile

8 years ago #135754

Guys wake up. Do you really want to compete with large algorithmic companies with tens of employees, best avaliable technical solution with fast connection and much sophisticated software than MT4 is (and know how, and spread and commisions etc…)). These companies (almost/and MM) invest milions of $ and you would like to beat them with MT4 and SQ? Its almost impossible for 99.9% of traders. Also some large companies are joining together because the market begins to be to small (at Futures market especially) and these companies had to spend more and more money to winn.

Do you realy think you can compete with them?

In my opinion scalping is not the area where we can earn money. But its up to you if you wanna loose your time. On the other side, when you will be that 0.01% of succesful scalping traders, you are rich. But there is much eaiser way…

10 pips (for example in Karish system) is not smart TP i think. Its scalping.

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #135761

dude, what are you talking about…, ever heard about HFT?, do some research, how long have you been trading if you think that scalping the markets is not the way?,

that point you maid about big firms, you do realize that those firms you mentioned using HFT (scalping/arbitrage)..

sure i understand that every person got a different personality and i respect that, but you got to respect that also and understand that is my style of trading,

*BTW i had some some bugs with my system so i stopped it for the meantime, almost done with the fixing and then i’ll put it on again..

Patrick

Visit profile

8 years ago #135762

you will definitely show us how to do it for sure. i am lookinf forward to see it.

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135763

Scalping works for HFT because HFTs run the dark pools. They literally are making the markets. They can view the order books. They are arbitraging the difference between 2 orders coming into their network and profiting the difference. They have very very deep liquidity and can see all the orders.
They are not trading based off price+time+indicators. They are trading based off order flow. Its almost impossible for a retail to compete with them on their timeframe, but m1 and m5 systems I do think are possible with high probability and rare setups. It will be alot easier to make M1 and M5 systems in SQ4 when they can use higher timeframes for signals. Thats different from HFT tho which trade in milliseconds.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135791

For those more interested about HFTs, dark pools and flash crash explained. Very interesting

Money & Speed: Inside the Black Box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq1Ln1UCoEU
The Wall Street Code

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFQJNeQDDHA

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

1 2 3