How to build EA: skips the first N trades (performs them virtually when the relevant signal is formed) and opens a real position only after getting N

5 replies

zerragem

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115295

Please recommend me how to bulid EA: skips the first N trades (performs them virtually when the relevant signal is formed) and opens a real position only after getting N consecutive losses. If N=0, the very first trade will be real. Or if, for example N=2, a real position will be opened only after two consecutive losses. If the first virtual losing trade is followed by a winning trade, the Expert Advisor will start the count over again. If the Expert Advisor opens a real trade which turns out to be losing, it will open the next one (when the appropriate signal is formed). This continues 10 times until profit is taken. After gaining (at any of the 10 steps of the series), the Expert Advisor will stop its operation.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138060

So you want to make “ghost trades” and analyze them and upon the results execute proper orders. That should be realizable. I will try to make an example according to what you defined

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138061

I would like to see your example or guide. tomas262.

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138074

This would be useful.

The classic Turtle system by Richard Dennis wouldn’t take the next signal of the last one was a winner.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138256

Hello,

this could do the job. See project attached. It’s simple logic but I am not sure it could be applied for more complex EAs

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138270

Hello,

this could do the job. See project attached. It’s simple logic but I am not sure it could be applied for more complex EAs

That can not be imported to EAW beta (http://wizard.strategyquant.com/app/)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)