Do you have bbandwidthratio indicator in EA wizard

4 replies

zerragem

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115327

I would like to use bbandwidthratio indicator in EA wizard. How should I do?

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138227

EA Wizard comes with BBWidthRatio indicator I’m pretty sure, in custom indicators tab.

Look for it to make new highs or new lows. Pretty much for any volatility indicator(or even RSI/ADX) this is the best thing you can do with it. Very powerful filter. I just finished building a momentum indicator-based system that has only 2 rules. It works on any pair on D1 using a very similar rule to the ones below (in EA Wizard functions use “indicator highest/ indicator lowest”) –

New Highs:
BBWidthRatio (20,2.0) Step1 > Indicator Highest [20] (BBWidthRatio(20,2.0)Step2)                         //Means bbandswidthratio 1 bar ago is higher than the last 20 bars starting 2 bars ago.

New Lows:
BBWidthRatio (20,2.0) Step1 < Indicator Lowest [20] (BBWidthRatio(20,2.0)Step2)                         //Means bbandswidthratio 1 bar ago is lower than the last 20 bars starting 2 bars ago.

You want to always compare step1 vs step2 with this (bar1 vs bar2). You cannot compare step 1 vs step 1 because they will always be equal, it means you are comparing the same bar. Hope thats clear.

zerragem

Visit profile

7 years ago #138231

Thank you for your recommend Threshold. But I would like to know how to select BBwidthratio. Where is the BBwithratio?

zerragem

Visit profile

7 years ago #138239

Ok I already know how to import custom indicator now. Thank you for reply.

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138246

Thank you for your recommend Threshold. But I would like to know how to select BBwidthratio. Where is the BBwithratio?

Dude its

bbandwidthratio

Just like your title says. You typed it wrong in the search box, and its in the “custom indicators” tab.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)