Can Strategy Quant Make This EA?

3 replies

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #116092

Greetings,

I’m interested in purchasing but wonder if it can make this EA:

On Sunday at 5:00 PM EST open 10 currencies both long and short. Each day thereafter, at 5:00 PM EST reduce any position that is in a loss by the number of pips as a percentage. So if EUR/USD long is down 38 pips we reduce the size of that position by 38%. If any pair is down 100 pips or more we close that position. We do this size reduction every day at 5:00 PM EST and then close all trades on Friday at market close.

Will I be able to build this and backtest it?

Thank you.

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #140650

Hello,

if you have an exact strategy and you want to implement it, then you need EA Wizard, not StrategyQuant. StrategyQuant generates strategies randomly, EA Wizard is teh tool that allows you to create your strategy by specifying conditions without programming.

There are some trickier points in your strategy, but EA Wizard allows you get the current profit/loss of your position in pips, as well as close defined percentage of the position, so you should be able to implement your strategy.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #142693

Hello Mark,

I would be interested in building an EA that straddles the news events, how difficult would this be for me, also I note from the comment above you say it might well be built by EA Wizard in preference to Strategy Quant?

Thank you,

Robert Lee (Ireland)

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #142967

Hello,

the EA Wizard is an ideal solutions for this if you need to setup OCO orders for both market sides. Let me know if an example is needed

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)