H1, H4, D

1 replies

shawnonghs

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 13 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #116775

Hi everyone,

I have just started using SQ recently and have a question. Which time frames have you guys used before and is there any difference in

1. generation speed, and

2. robustness of strategies?

As stated in the title, I am keen on trying these 3 time frames. I have generated a pool of about 15k strategies using genetic evolution on the Daily time frame and am now conducting the WFM tests. I like D as it generates strategies more quickly however I realise it might not be suitable with a smaller account and forward testing as it produces too few trades in a time period. 

Although H1 seems to be the popular time frame, my natural tendency leans more towards the middle H4 as I presume H1 might take much longer and produce less robust strategies (my unfounded opinion).

Anyone out there who has tried generating strategies on these 2 timeframes? What are your thoughts?

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help.

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 443 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #142923

H4 is buggy when using ATR based SL\TP so keep that in mind,

use only M15~H1 or D1,

the bigger the TF the faster the generation,

the lower the TF the slower the generation,

the more trades you have on each strategy the less is the chance of results based on luck,

in other words.. try aiming for H1 M30 for generations, i would say if you have a strong PC use H1, if you have a good PC use M30,

if you have a very slow PC use D1.. but keep in mind the trade number thinggy i told you now,

good luck 🙂 

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)