Different TF same Instrument

2 replies

Michele Vianello

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 22 replies.

Visit profile

2 months ago #285357

It is difficult for me to understand the operating logic by activating two charts (different TF for the same instrument).
I tried with Algowizard to force the exclusive use of just one (both in the trading signals and in the entry price) but it continues to use both TFs with a logic that I really don’t understand since the results are still slightly different.
This seems important to me, I use Tradestation
Thanks Michele

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 months ago #285368

Hi,

you can share you setup (sqx file) with description, we will check

Michele Vianello

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 22 replies.

Visit profile

2 months ago #285406

picture 1: single daily chart, the beaviour seems correct

picture 2-3: just add a M1 same instrument chart without mod but the algo seems now to open position intraday (timestamp not always 16:00 as picture 1) wich is the logic? and the result is slight different..

picture 4-5: now I direct “Trading signal” and “Long entry – price” to the new M1 chart and the result is again different but not much..

last picture 6-7: as suggested in “Best-practice for multiTF” I move M1 to main chart and D1 to the subone and now the result is totally different (trade for few minutes every day) and, I’m not able (whetever mod I made) to replay the correct behavior of picture 1

Where I’m wrong? seems I cannot mix D1 and M1

Wich is the correct way to test a daily signal as in picture 1 and to test the rest of the algo (PT, SL..) in M1??

Thanks

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)