Does strategyquantx remember(log) the previous tested strategies after stopping

3 replies

glenn

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239550

Hello.  Lets say I created a complete custom project ( from builder (2000 strategies) to WFM) . And after WFM it goes back to builder and create another 2000 strategies then  test ….   Would it remember(log) the previously tested? . I’m curious on how does it work.

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239552

yes, unless you delete the srategies from databank using another action the strategies will remain there.

If you want you can use Filter Strategies task to move strategies to another databank after one cycle.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

glenn

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239555

hi mark, sorry I meant the strategies generated previously. after build to wfm.  and  run another cycle for additional  strategies. would it skip them on generating the same strategies.

First Batch of Strategies 1  to 2000 ( filtered and etc.  )

then another

Second batch of strategies 2001 to 4000

after filtering the first batch of 2000 strategies. If I run the same custom project again. Would it skip on producing the same (strategy 1 to 2000) strategies or go straight to ( strategy 2001 – 4000)

generating strategies is time consuming. and I  now have 2 eurusd (passed wfm) strategy. if I change pairs in my builder tab to usdjpy and decided to go back to building another eurusd in the future. would the strategyquant skip on generating passed strategies and generate a (fresh new ) strategy.

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239558

Generally, every time you run Builder it generates new strategies, it doesn’t care what you have stored in the databank.

But it depends also on its finishing conditions – if you configure it to finish when databank is full it will not generate anything more when your databank reached full capacity.

If you’ll configure it to stop after it generates 2000 strategies (second option), then it will generate new 2000 strategies every time, and kkeep the old ones as well.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)