I tried doing this with no luck, so I’m hoping someone can help with this, or tell me if it is not possible in SQX… thanks in advance.
Buy $1000 of TSLA every day and exit all positions after a profit level Y is reached.
Entry / Exit Logic:
- Entry: Every day, buy $1000 worth of $TSLA.
- Exit: If total profit on open positions is > $500, close all open trades.
- Fixed amount : $1000
Issues I faced
- It does not honor my money management. It places an order size using the default “size if no MM”;
- Only one trade is opened, and it is never exited. It should be placing a new order every day (on bar open of D1)
- First order is placed in March instead of January (it seems to always place orders 2 months after the date i select)
I have attached the strategy file I created (that didnt work), and screenshots showing my issues.
Note: The strategy file was attached twice for some reason, and there is no way to remove the duplicate.
you can simply calculate number of shares to trade. This is suppose to run on D1 (daily) timeframe chart so the trade is executed on market (bar) open
Here it is.
In the video, all i do is:
- Load the strat
- Set the profit target variable (500)
- Change the data ( Tradestation , $TSLA )
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.