Not logged in
Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>Extras & Strategies>EURUSD on the 1 hour chart

• #241403|
    Customer
    391 Posts

Scalping is  a manual job. Then you can get up to 80-90% profitable. I did it between  2006-2009 on E-mini Russell looking at the tape.

Customer
    391 Posts

Scalping is a manual job. Then you can get up to 80-90% profitable. I did it between 2006-2009 on E-mini Russell looking at the tape.

The best way is combine it with a sound so You can hear when the volume comes in. Your reaction to sound is much faster it is like changing gears when driving a car you know when to do it by the sound.

By the way this is the definition of RDD,   https://www.backtestmarket.com/return-drawdown/

Customer
    473 Posts

Yes and this time traveler made $350 million in 2 week starting with $800:

http://mysticinvestigations.com/time-traveler/350-million-time-traveler/

Just goes to show you why it is important to collect information from reputable sources; it must have taken a long time to find that nonsense in an Ocean of articles explaining the PF and RetDD correctly.

I’m not going to get into posting definitions about something so obvious and well know.  Try Kaufman or Tharp.  I am sure we all own a copy of Pardo, simply read chapter 12!!!

It is unbelievable someone risking their money in the market doesn’t know the difference between the profit factor and RetDD and can actually think a RetDD of 211 means $1 loss to $211 gain on average per trade whereas a profit factor of 2 means what exactly.  RetDD is just a measure of risk, an alternative to measures such as Sharpe or the Sortino ratio;  $1 loss to whatever $gain is what the profit factor tells the trader.  If traders don’t know that, what exactly do they know; Jesus, that is one of the first things you’re supposed to know when you first embark on trading.

The night is dark because…

Customer
    473 Posts

Scalping is a manual job. Then you can get up to 80-90% profitable. I did it between 2006-2009 on E-mini Russell looking at the tape.

Ha…I also manually scalp the S&P E-mini and Bund around the same period using CQG’s Dom and Market Profile!!  That was fun!!

Customer
    80 Posts

This topic has too many topics…

You ought to build an anti swap charge EA which closes all negative swap positions 1 minute before Wednesday’s rollover then reopens positions (or places limit orders etc) after rollover using the same magic number as before. I bet that would sell.

Yeah, only please tell me how to avoid spread increases around the midnight hours….

The best way is combine it with a sound so You can hear when the volume comes in. Your reaction to sound is much faster it is like changing gears when driving a car you know when to do it by the sound.

YES!

Scalping is a manual job.

But this is not what we are doing here, right? I do not want to spent rest of my life starring at charts, instead I am looking into ways how to spent as less time as possible on my trading. I think I will open a new topic to discuss an another idea that seems to work.

Customer
    391 Posts

Notch about RDD was pulling your leg. You are to easy . he he

Coensio, yes scalping suck I went up 25 kg during 2006-2009. I tried to build scalping strategies for years with a program for Ninjatrader called Bloodhound Ultimate. I gave it up.

Customer
    473 Posts

Notch about RDD was pulling your leg.

Mabi, Something I have been told all my life.  :)

Coensio, I look forward to the focused new thread.

I think it is important to appreciate there are different types of algo’ traders here.  I am not a 100% datamining algotrader.  At this point, I would never deploy a model straight from SQ but there is nothing wrong with doing so, it just isn’t my style.  Making money manual trading is a lot quicker than using an algo in my experience also when manual trading one often sees many repeating patterns which can be converted to algo’ form etc.

Watching the screen can be a drag though, not watching the screen can be costly!!

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.