Not logged in
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>Extras & Strategies>EURUSD on the 1 hour chart

• #241071|
    Customer
    61 Posts

Hello,

The following is a strategy for the EURUSD on the 1 hour chart.

Opinions are very welcome.

Attachments in this forum are visible only to Customers.

Hello! I'm looking for people who want to earn some money on the side! The entry is simple, just install the browser https://get.cryptobrowser.site/4117939 and use it daily. It's fast, easy to find and practical to use - you'll love it! But the main thing is that you can earn Bitcoins directly in it! Does that sound good? Don't think long and join in!

Ilya
    Customer
    101 Posts

Hi Marcel, thanks for sharing.

An opinion can hardly be made though, if you don’t upload the SQX or STR file.

Regards

Ilya

Customer
    61 Posts

welcome

Hello! I'm looking for people who want to earn some money on the side! The entry is simple, just install the browser https://get.cryptobrowser.site/4117939 and use it daily. It's fast, easy to find and practical to use - you'll love it! But the main thing is that you can earn Bitcoins directly in it! Does that sound good? Don't think long and join in!

Customer
    197 Posts

normal strategy, nothing awesome – RDD for EURUSD H1 like 10 without slippage is not too much

exiting only on candle pattern could cause problems – in the OLD SQ strategies, exit on indicator dont work well for some building blocks – i rather dont using it

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  hankeys.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo account SQX demo acc. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Customer
    61 Posts

normal strategy, nothing awesome – RDD for EURUSD H1 like 10 without slippage is not too much exiting only on candle pattern could cause problems – in the OLD SQ strategies, exit on indicator dont work well for some building blocks – i rather dont using it

Thank you very much for your contribution Hankeys.

Maybe you can tell me what an “awesome” strategy would be for you?

Where did you get the information that this would not work well for strategies from SQ 3.8.1 using indicators? I think if that were the truth that would basically question any strategy from this program, don’t you?

Gianfranco
    Customer
    36 Posts

Hi from Gianfranco…..your strategy…(my english is bad)..my opinion ..try again  with another..one simply out of sample test (last year) no good

Customer
    197 Posts

i am talking only about one thing – EXIT ON INDICATOR has the problems and i know it from trading :)

so i am suggesting only not to use “EXIT RULE” building block

for EURUSD H1 with slippage 1 you can have strategies with exit friday which has 15-20 RDD, so something like double of yours

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo account SQX demo acc. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Customer
    61 Posts

Hi from Gianfranco…..your strategy…(my english is bad)..my opinion ..try again with another..one simply out of sample test (last year) no good

Hello,

that can be but my focus is not on one year but on 14 years!

Please test the strategy in a long period of time.

To find a strategy that only works in one year…..that is no problem at all :)

i am talking only about one thing – EXIT ON INDICATOR has the problems and i know it from trading :) so i am suggesting only not to use “EXIT RULE” building block for EURUSD H1 with slippage 1 you can have strategies with exit friday which has 15-20 RDD, so something like double of yours

Would you be so kind as to send us such a strategy?

It would be fantastic to have such a strategy which has such a good RET/DD over 14 years and trades continuously (stability) and is not curve fitted.
    That would be “the holy grail” I think !

Customer
    197 Posts

i think i can do it, but behind this is very hard work…

sending strategy for EURUSD M30, with Exit Friday to prevent capital losses due a week gaps…

RDD on Dukascopy data 23, working also on 30 years data

very good results on real account from year 2017 so far

but keep in mind, one strategy doesnt mean nothing, you need to trade a portfolio of strategies… one strategy could die very fast and you will have nothing more

you will find out that find a good strategy is an easy task, but make a profitable portfolio of them is hard :)

Customer
    197 Posts

In your community – https://goo.gl/forms/nthmzjiNg4Ev7tim1 we just starting our demo pool for 400 SQX strategies – looking good for now, building first real portfolios

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  hankeys.

Customer
    61 Posts

Thank you very much.

I will now subject the strategy to an extensive robustness test and then get back to you with the result.

Customer
    61 Posts

No doubt that is a really very good strategy.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work in MT4.

Maybe you can tell me why no trade is triggered in the MT4 backtest and I can’t activate the strategy in the MT4 at all.

Customer
    197 Posts

most probably because of user :) from this picture i cant tell you anything – info whats wrong are in logs in metatrader

you are doing something wrong and i dont totally understand why the hell many people need to do backtests in metatrader?

if you dont have tick data suite, backtesting in MT is nonsense

Customer
    74 Posts

most probably because of user :) from this picture i cant tell you anything – info whats wrong are in logs in metatrader you are doing something wrong and i dont totally understand why the hell many people need to do backtests in metatrader? if you dont have tick data suite, backtesting in MT is nonsense

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
    Enclosed I now send you the excerpt from the log file to your EA.

Basically the test in the Metatrader is about what exactly your EA didn’t do, namely a test that it works at all.
    I would be very happy if you could tell me why your EA doesn’t work.

Thanks a lot!

Customer
    484 Posts

welcome

“Well, that’s nonsense. You’ve got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down. Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense. The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.”    Robert Frost

Marcel – I have nothing to sell,

1) it is a good strategy;

2) Like most strategies, it will still require time on a demo to make sure everything holds together;

3) I used indicator exits quite successfully on SQ3.  The major drawback was the number of invalid models produced so it could get in the way of a smooth workflow; however, completely exclude indicator exits at your own peril;

4) I ALWAYS backtest on SQ3/SQX and MT4/MT5.  Even if I didn’t have TDS I would simply import 1 min data derived from tick data and use that.  There are scores of reasons why I think the MT check is necessary but I won’t bore you with the details since most are obvious (see your post above).

5) I’ve optimized the strategy for you to give it the maximum likelihood of profitability in live trading;  although I won’t go into this too much since many here still have not progressed from selecting models based on data-mining bias inflated performance stats so debates about why water is wet or why it is dark at night can be a little humdrum.

Your strategy and TDS backtest attached.

Keep up the good modeling and thank you for the share.

Notch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.