EURUSD on the 1 hour chart

51 replies

Marcel

Customer, bbp_participant, 55 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241071

Hello,

The following is a strategy for the EURUSD on the 1 hour chart.

Opinions are very welcome.

Attachments in this forum are visible only to Customers.

Ilya

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 105 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241073

Hi Marcel, thanks for sharing.

An opinion can hardly be made though, if you don’t upload the SQX or STR file.

Regards

Ilya

Marcel

Visit profile

4 years ago #241075

welcome

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241086

normal strategy, nothing awesome – RDD for EURUSD H1 like 10 without slippage is not too much

exiting only on candle pattern could cause problems – in the OLD SQ strategies, exit on indicator dont work well for some building blocks – i rather dont using it

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Marcel

Visit profile

4 years ago #241090

normal strategy, nothing awesome – RDD for EURUSD H1 like 10 without slippage is not too much exiting only on candle pattern could cause problems – in the OLD SQ strategies, exit on indicator dont work well for some building blocks – i rather dont using it

Thank you very much for your contribution Hankeys.

Maybe you can tell me what an “awesome” strategy would be for you?

Where did you get the information that this would not work well for strategies from SQ 3.8.1 using indicators? I think if that were the truth that would basically question any strategy from this program, don’t you?

Gianfranco

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241085

Hi from Gianfranco…..your strategy…(my english is bad)..my opinion ..try again  with another..one simply out of sample test (last year) no good

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #241104

i am talking only about one thing – EXIT ON INDICATOR has the problems and i know it from trading 🙂

so i am suggesting only not to use “EXIT RULE” building block

for EURUSD H1 with slippage 1 you can have strategies with exit friday which has 15-20 RDD, so something like double of yours

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Marcel

Visit profile

4 years ago #241116

Hi from Gianfranco…..your strategy…(my english is bad)..my opinion ..try again with another..one simply out of sample test (last year) no good

Hello,

that can be but my focus is not on one year but on 14 years!

Please test the strategy in a long period of time.

To find a strategy that only works in one year…..that is no problem at all 🙂

i am talking only about one thing – EXIT ON INDICATOR has the problems and i know it from trading 🙂 so i am suggesting only not to use “EXIT RULE” building block for EURUSD H1 with slippage 1 you can have strategies with exit friday which has 15-20 RDD, so something like double of yours

Would you be so kind as to send us such a strategy?

It would be fantastic to have such a strategy which has such a good RET/DD over 14 years and trades continuously (stability) and is not curve fitted.
That would be “the holy grail” I think !

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #241129

i think i can do it, but behind this is very hard work…

sending strategy for EURUSD M30, with Exit Friday to prevent capital losses due a week gaps…

RDD on Dukascopy data 23, working also on 30 years data

very good results on real account from year 2017 so far

but keep in mind, one strategy doesnt mean nothing, you need to trade a portfolio of strategies… one strategy could die very fast and you will have nothing more

you will find out that find a good strategy is an easy task, but make a profitable portfolio of them is hard 🙂

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #241131

In your community – https://goo.gl/forms/nthmzjiNg4Ev7tim1 we just starting our demo pool for 400 SQX strategies – looking good for now, building first real portfolios

Marcel

Visit profile

4 years ago #241133

Thank you very much.

I will now subject the strategy to an extensive robustness test and then get back to you with the result.

Marcel

Visit profile

4 years ago #241149

No doubt that is a really very good strategy.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work in MT4.

Maybe you can tell me why no trade is triggered in the MT4 backtest and I can’t activate the strategy in the MT4 at all.

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #241152

most probably because of user 🙂 from this picture i cant tell you anything – info whats wrong are in logs in metatrader

you are doing something wrong and i dont totally understand why the hell many people need to do backtests in metatrader?

if you dont have tick data suite, backtesting in MT is nonsense

Marcel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 56 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241162

most probably because of user 🙂 from this picture i cant tell you anything – info whats wrong are in logs in metatrader you are doing something wrong and i dont totally understand why the hell many people need to do backtests in metatrader? if you dont have tick data suite, backtesting in MT is nonsense

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
Enclosed I now send you the excerpt from the log file to your EA.

Basically the test in the Metatrader is about what exactly your EA didn’t do, namely a test that it works at all.
I would be very happy if you could tell me why your EA doesn’t work.

Thanks a lot!

Hello! I'm looking for people who want to earn some money on the side! The entry is simple, just install the browser https://get.cryptobrowser.site/4117939 and use it daily. It's fast, easy to find and practical to use - you'll love it! But the main thing is that you can earn Bitcoins directly in it! Does that sound good? Don't think long and join in!

Marcel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 56 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241169

Thank you, notch!

I really appreciate what you’re saying.

I would be interested to know how you improved the strategy from your point of view.
I am interested in it from the perspective of learning.

I would like to see as much as possible different perspectives to lern from it.

But you can also send me a private message if you are afraid that this will be an endless debate 🙂

Hello! I'm looking for people who want to earn some money on the side! The entry is simple, just install the browser https://get.cryptobrowser.site/4117939 and use it daily. It's fast, easy to find and practical to use - you'll love it! But the main thing is that you can earn Bitcoins directly in it! Does that sound good? Don't think long and join in!

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241171

Hey, debate is nice 🙂

I’ve checked both strategies; Marcel and hankeys – thank you both for your generosity sharing.

Hankeys looks nicer – better Ret/DD – but from my point of view is clearly less robust. The MC tests are failing following my personal workflow; MC Exact, MC Random. So, always from my perspective I’d choose Marcel’s.

Regarding the strategies improvement I don’t like it. Strategy is improved enough with the genetic algorithim, in our business Improving means curve fitting and that’s worst nightmare

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

1 2 3 4