How can i enter/reverse at stop like enter/reverse at market?

6 replies

binhsir

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 17 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271097

Ex: MC code is :

var1=highest(highD[1],5);

var2=lowest(lowD[1],5);

buy next bar at var1 stop;

sellshort next bar at var2 stop;

MC backtest: This is reverse breakout strategy. It’s mean that when the long signal is satisfied, if there is a short position, the short position will be closed first, and then the long position will be opened again. That is the mechanism of MC . But there is 1 trade when i create it with AlgoWizard. It seems that SQ’s stop order billing mechanism is different from MC.

So how can i enter/reverse at stop like enter/reverse at market conveniently? Or any other alternative methord or setting?

Thanks

Bin

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271103

Hello,

you can simply add “Close position” + “Close Pending Order” as the first actions under Long / Short Entry …. this will either close an existing position first or cancel the pending order. After those you simply set “Enter at Stop” for the new trade at  those specific lowest/highest prices

Let us know if any questions

binhsir

Visit profile

2 years ago #271113

I tried, but the result is different from my idea.  Please see attachment

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bin

binhsir

Visit profile

2 years ago #271702

I found it is working well in SQX 133.771 now, there are enter/reverse stop order with this strategy. It’s mean that position is always in the market, this is i wanted.

Bin

binhsir

Visit profile

2 years ago #271703

I was surprised to find it is working well in SQX 133.771 now, there are enter/reverse stop order with these strategies. It’s mean that position is always in the market, this is i wanted.

Bin

kisoce

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 1 replies.

Visit profile

8 months ago #282981

Elimina la parte del código que cierra la posición corta antes de abrir la posición larga. Esto significa que no necesitarás cerrar la posición corta manualmente antes de abrir una posición larga.

Ajusta las órdenes de entrada y salida para que se ejecuten utilizando órdenes stop. En lugar de usar “comprar la siguiente barra” y “vender en corto la próxima barra”, puedes utilizar órdenes de stop para ingresar y salir del mercado.

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 484 replies.

Visit profile

2 months ago #285053

For me the feature enter/reverse at market works not perfect.

I have the same Eas installed on 6 different Brokers.

1) Mt4 Tickmill-Demo

2) Mt4 Tickmill-Real

3) Mt5 Tickmill-Demo

4) Mt5 Tickmill-Real

5) Mt5 Pepper-Real

6) Mt5 Tickmill-Real on fast VPS

On MT4 Enter/reverse at market works synchron.

On Mt5 happens the following.

For example.

1) MT4

The EA open trade on 10AM and Close on 1PM

2) MT5

The Ea open Trade on 10AM and Close on 11AM

Than he open on 11AM and close on 1PM

(Sometimes on MT5 he changes the direction, somtimes the direction is the same)

I trade all Eas on H1.

I suspect that the EAS on MT5 doesn’t work so well yet. Sometimes the EA opens its trade at 11 a.m. and sometimes at 12 p.m. I have installed the same Eas on all brokers. There are differences around Mt5. I know that the Eas sometimes react differently to the brokers. With MT5, however, it seems to me that it is not yet so stable. I’ll open an error message.
I use SQ 4.138

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)