Not logged in
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • #259904 |
    Participant
    86 Posts

SQ generates a strategy based on selected time frame only fast Daily D1

I test is in MT4 open price only – all good, strategy results match more or less SQ and MT4

but when I test on MT4 tick backtest then suddenly strategy loses rapidly

why is that?

SQ does not have a reliable on new open bar event check… it reacts to every tick?

• This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by gin.
    Customer
    797 Posts

selected TF only for DAILY strats is not enough. But selected TF only is your choise, you can have tick data or 1M data, so you can choose whatever precision you want

imagine that you are testing only on OHLC values for the whole day – with this kind of backtest you will never found out if the SL or TP are hitted first

build on selected TF only and always retest on 1M precision. 1M precision is good enough also for daily

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2016. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM. 1500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts to verify the edge DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX, DOW JONES, NASDAQ, SP, UK, because we have realtick data from our brokers.

Participant
    86 Posts

ic

so open bar strategies are useless?

only tick is good enough or live trading?

then what is the purpose of Prescision Selected timeframe only (fastest) if it has no meaning?

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by gin.
    Customer
    797 Posts

i told you – i use only 1M precision

i am building mostly on selected TF only, but only TF M15-H4, the build process is much quicker and after that i am doing retest on 1M precision

for daily strategies i am using 1M precision in building already, because daily strats are fast and selected TF only doesnt make sense to me for daily strats

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2016. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM. 1500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts to verify the edge DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX, DOW JONES, NASDAQ, SP, UK, because we have realtick data from our brokers.

Participant
    86 Posts

so you manually retest?

no automation?

but all strategies generated on H4 will fail when properly tested with M1

Customer
    797 Posts

you need to teach and teach and teach

with SQX you can automatically do almost everything – you have crosschecks in the builder, where you can test with higher precision, or you can use custom workflows, where you can make tasks and describe your whole workflow…so i am not doing anything manually

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.