Parameter: “HandleSLPTByEA

5 replies

afhampton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 26 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #201272

Can someone tell me where to find the parameter “HandleSLPTByEA”? The help file says the function of this parameter is “Whether to handle SL/PT by EA instead of by broker. Use only at your own risk. If your MT4 crashes, your trades will be left without any stop loss protection! Not recommended.”

I can’t seem to find it in any of the parameter settings in SQ 3.8.2 or in any of the mq4 code.

Thanks in advance.

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 444 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #201275

Please explain in detail what you are trying to do, i will try to help you

afhampton

Visit profile

6 years ago #201281

Hi Karish:

Thanks for reaching out. Since I seem to have frequent problems with the SL and TP getting set by the EA with the broker, I am considering letting the EA handle managing the trades SL and TP without relying on the broker. I have other EAs that do this and they work fine as long as MT4 is running. Since my MT4/EA is on a VPS hosted with the broker for minimum latency, and my uptime has been acceptable, I’m willing to give it a shot.

The primary goal is to get the trade management problem resolved.

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #201289

I think that there is a problem with your code folder, you should try re-installing SQ and export your EA again.

afhampton

Visit profile

6 years ago #201292

Do you see the “HandleSLPTByEA” parameter in any of your SQ settings or mq4 code?

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #201300

no it does not exist, it probbly built into the SQ platform and not extendable, try to re-install your SQ instance then try to see if the problem have been solved, SLs & TPs should be activated,

though you also might wanna read my thread here:

https://strategyquant.com/forum/topic/bug-sometimes-atr-based-sltp-wont-set-by-the-ea-and-stays-as-0-00000/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)