Question on strategies per hour

1 replies

Jason

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 69 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266732

I’ve noticed that during building for example the builder could have been running nicely for an hour or so with an average strategies per hour of 1 million. Sometimes if I then stop it to slightly adjust a ranking parameter when I restart it the strategies per hour can jump up to say 1.4 million and remain at that level.

I understand the ranking will effect the ‘accepted strategies’ but not the strategies per hour. With all other settings untouched except a small ranking adjustment what causes this boost in performance?

Has anybody else noticed this from time to time?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266733

hard to said what settings are you using – but if you are generating over 1mil strats you are using very high TF and it could be more about complexity of strategy and there depends on your settings (min/max condtions, what is required or not) – so sometime the genetics could play with lower complex strats, so the backtests could be much qucikier

so the explanation could be easy…but without knowing anything about your settings, not much to said

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)