Run Simultaneous Futures Strategies

12 replies

aldo vargas

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267356

Hello Guys,

I would like to know what will be the easiest way and broker to run multiple strategies at the same time on The same Future Market  Example (NQ)  no matter the direction.

I see that it wont be possible to do that with TradeStation (From what i know).

I will need your help on this since im struggling with it right now.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267362

Good question.. my broker also only offers netted positions.. so at the moment I am only running long strategies.

But there is a possibility to open a sub account where you can let all short strategies run. This is what I am planning to do

DP

aldo vargas

Visit profile

3 years ago #267364

What broker are you using?

Daniel

Visit profile

3 years ago #267365

AMP and you?

DP

aldo vargas

Visit profile

3 years ago #267383

Im using tradestation

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267407

Hello,

you can trade multiple strategies only if they do not interfere with each other. For example the fist strategy trades only if Close > EMA 200 while the other trades only if Close < EMA 200 or they are differentiated by trading time or any other way that strictly determines when each operates …

It is all because you cannot trade both directions simultaneously when trading futures. Sell order will close (trim) an existing long positions while buy order will close (trim) an existing short position.

You can partially achi eve this when using MetaTrader 5 and trade more than one long only or short only strategies but I would advise not to do so because of the netting mode used after all and rather trade each symbol using one strategy at a time (or multiple not interfering strategies as mentioned in the beginning)

aldo vargas

Visit profile

3 years ago #267415

In what markets could i trade different strategies at the same time no matter what?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267435

MetaTrader in the hedging mode allows that. You can trade multiple strategies on the same market while opening both long & short positions simultaneously

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267443

Hopefully whith this new ATM engine in SQx you should in the future when it is working be able to exit only the contract size you entered and not exit all if trades are taken in the same direction. Otherwise there is only one broker i know of in Germany that allowe hedging on futures and stocks were you can use MT5.

Daniel

Visit profile

3 years ago #267445

Anybody who knows a MT5 broker where its possible to trade the Micro Russel? No matter if hedged or netted?

DP

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267450

Amp futures or Optimus futures or hedged at German broker named  fxflat

The links i posted ended up being moderated 🙂

Daniel

Visit profile

3 years ago #267451

Amp futures or Optimus futures or hedged at German broker named fxflat The links i posted ended up being moderated 🙂

Thanks mabi 🙂

DP

aldo vargas

Visit profile

3 years ago #267467

Thanks a lot Mabi

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)