Show maximum number of open trades

8 replies

Michael

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 9 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268611

Hey all,

is there any way to show the maximum number of open trades of a strategy that opens multiple trades at a time? Also, it would be nice to have an option to filter a strategy by the maximum number of open trades (e.g. < 10) . But I’m not sure if there is such an option already or how it can be added as a custom function via the code editor.

Any help appreciated.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268681

Hello,

the only way to see max open size of multiple strategies combined is to merge into a portfolio as shown on the screenshot attached. You cannot force somehow to limit max number of positions that will be open anytime in future

Michael

Visit profile

3 years ago #268796

Thank you, but I do not see any attachement. Could you repost it again please?

WJPII

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 118 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268805

I was just about to post something about this.  Glad it came up.

Is there a possibility of having a “multiple trade” option in the strategy?  There is a range filter for max trades per day.  And there is a filter in building for “ambiguous”  trades (which is basically multiple trades open at the same time).  So if we build a strategy and turn off the filter for “too many trades closing at the same bar”  or “ambiguous
trades, can we add a toggle in the user input fields for multiple trades on/off and max trades?

Thanks.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268817

you can turn duplicate trades in the order types building blocks

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #268872

Thank you.  Found the area for this.  However, how do I set max open orders?  Otherwise, a strategy can get to be an out of control grid.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268881

there is no such a setting

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #268886

Then developers either need to remove the option for multiple trades or have an input for the user to set a limit.  Ugh.

Michael

Visit profile

3 years ago #268910

I created a feature request for this: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_7550

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)