Simple breakout test

3 replies

Diego Paci

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 5 replies.

Visit profile

5 months ago #284262

Hello everybody,

I’m really at a very beginning of learning on SQX and AlgoWizard, as well as trading.

I would love to develop a very simple EA with algowizard in order to try and assess a market’s structure.

what i would love to do is, for a whole data period, to execute 2 simple instructions:

1) enter stop at high price of last bar

2) dell stop at low price of last bar

the 2 instructions would be the exit condition of the other.

and then I would have an identical one where entrance is limit instead of stop.

in my mind this would help me understanding, based on EA performance, if market structure is prone to breakout (Eg trend following) or to reversal.

would love to hear your thoughts if logic makes sense to my objective, and could anybody give me an indication on how to realize that? As a novice don’t really know where to start.

A huge thank you in advance! 🙂

Diego

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 months ago #284281

Hi,

it is a very easy task  to do what you need using SQ AlgoWizard. Check the example attached

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Diego Paci

Visit profile

5 months ago #284286

Thank you Tomas, really appreciate that.

will have a look and come back to ask for more info in case.

Thank you so much once again!

Diego

Diego Paci

Visit profile

5 months ago #284297

Hello Tomas,

I come back on the tools you shared. I confess that, even if supposed to be simpler thanks to AlgoWizard, they go beyond my understanding, also because I was hoping to interpret them in the simple wizard, while I realized they are built with the Complex one, so struggle to understand them.

I used the Prev-Day-Breakout. Would expect to see a good performance let’s say on EURUSD, and bad on AUDCAD. Instead all is quite mixed, and don’t really know if I’m doing anything wrong.

I assume my purpose was clear: Understand via stop/break out and limit/mean reversion the market structure.

COuld you please give me a little more guidance on how to use the tool you shared to do so, and how to create in case the equivalent limit version to test mean reversion? Many thanks in advance again!

Diego

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)